Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Thinking of buying a 22 razor. Thoughts? >

Thinking of buying a 22 razor. Thoughts?

Notices

Thinking of buying a 22 razor. Thoughts?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying a 22 razor. Thoughts?

I'm looking for my first boat, and I would like to spend around 15k. What are everyone's thoughts on this 22 Raizor. http://www.anchormarina.com/default....ail&id=1697663

Is this a fair price? Quality boat? I would like something that is fun and rides decent and can do 65-70 mph. Is this a good starting point or too small?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

I'm not overly familiar with the Razor, I'm sure someone will chime in, but standard power in what appears to be a very clean boat is always the best way to get into boating. Low maintenance is a must, some people get burnt if their boating experiences are expensive. Stock 7.4 has plenty of power, sounds sweet and won't cost the earth to keep it running. Get it checked out nicely, maybe a leak down test and scan for the engine hours. 22 foot is a good size, solid on the water, bigger than just another ski boat but still manageable.

Looks very nice in the photos, good luck and enjoy boating!

RR
Old 01-08-2016, 03:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Just a thought, Donzi 22zx. This one may not be in your area but there are probably a few more around if you do a search. Doesn't have as much power but having Donzi on the hull is usually worth something!

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...onmarinesales&

Donzi is always a good name to own and easy to re-sell down the track if you're going bigger.

RR
Old 01-08-2016, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

HI Jons999

Very nice looking boat- as someone posted - have the boat independently checked out. 2000 could have some rot. Also (and I speaking from my perspective). The steg on the outdrive appears to missing and was replaced with a "bolt on". What was hit??? Second if you look at the drive lubricant bottle near the engine -- didn't notice any oil in it. Is something leaking out?? I likewise have a 7.4 MPI 310 hp. The engine is solid and she will run very well-- I would guess this boat should easily hit the high 50 mph. fuel useage is a little much but it's a boat

My two cents

all the best

3pointstar