Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
389 avenger top speed improvement >

389 avenger top speed improvement

Notices

389 avenger top speed improvement

Old 07-30-2016, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And also, after talking with wofe, decided to keep boat. Runs too good and in great shape. Couldnt replace it for 70-80k.... ill just lab prips and maybe a few tweaks and leave it alone...
Old 07-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered

And yes... ive seen 76 several times on it.... NBS
Old 08-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree, think I had one of the fastest vypers and ran 79.5 on its best day in fresh water with HOs. Don't see a 380 going the listed speed.

Also, not sure anyone in their right mind would pay in the 80s for an 03 380.

Carry on......
Old 08-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Registered

This isn't a fishing forum about that record fish that got away with no pictures.. It seems to me a forum about asking questions from ppl that have been there done that and have learned so they can share knowledge. I have ZERO reason to be dishonest. With all the research ive done prior to buying I would have agreed with u, but now I that drive it every weekend. I know what it is. If you don't belive me and can't inform the conversation with knowledge than maybe it's best you chime in on someone elses... what would I gain to ask questions if my starting point was inaccurate???!!!???

Carry on........
Old 08-04-2016, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Sounds like it is running good as it sits, I wouldnt touch a thing or tweak the props, you might end up going backwards. Keep the $ in your pocket.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

The experience I have seen with my 2000 380 is that as soon as there is a bit of chop on the lake, top speed falls off dramatically. I have been trying props and chasing a bit more top end but no matter what I put on, I end up with close to the same top end in the chop. Have yet to have a flat day to try my 30p labbed Bravo I props. Always choppy on the bay.

If I continued with stock 502 mpi, I would probably be happier with the labbed 30s. Since I have messed with the tune on my motors with slightly raised rev limiter and a bit more timing at WOT, I am actually better off with my stock 28s spinning higher rpm but can still tag 5300 limiters occasionally. Just much more acceleration, out of hole power with the 28's even though the 30's give a pretty perfect WOT rpm. I have yet to see 70 mph with my boat on GPS even though I have sheet saying factory ran it with radar at 71.8 mph. I have gained 2-3 mph across the board so far. Started at 64.5 mph when I bought it and after correcting bad injector and melted piston issues I can hit 67-68 regularly on chop. Takes a bit to get there though. Accelerates to 63-64 real quick then creeps on on top speed over a couple minutes. I get horrible prop slip numbers though.

But your hull is much better than mine given the year so that anecdotal experience may be irrelevant.

I will have a completely different setup next year with more HP and Bmax drives, and more than likely 5-blade props.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have had mine to 82.6 GPS with 12" boxes and i run 29P 5 blades i hated the 4 blades, way to much slip. Sorry to tell you but your boat is worth maybe 70k if you are lucky. I have had mine for sale all summer and it is down to 65k with bigger motors and drives then you are running, but you do have 4 years on me.
I was also looking at the 39 Nor-tech but have decided I want a cat next.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Registered

Sounds quite possible. My 2001 with 502 mpi's, CMI exhaust, Vortech flame arrestor, and Bblades labbed 28+ bravo 1's ran a best of 75.4mph gps.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Registered

Traded boat for a chaparral... for tubing for kids.. verg hard decision. Actually an emotional one. Love my PQ. Pissed i feel i gave it away. They gave me 75. Have it for sale for 100k.. think they will get it???? Feedback would be nice so i feel better ablut it... haa
Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PQobsession
Traded boat for a chaparral... for tubing for kids.. verg hard decision. Actually an emotional one. Love my PQ. Pissed i feel i gave it away. They gave me 75. Have it for sale for 100k.. think they will get it???? Feedback would be nice so i feel better ablut it... haa
I already gave you feedback, it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Just keep asking, maybe you will get the answer you want.

Good move on the new boat so your family can enjoy it, if they aren't into it you wouldn't be either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.