Anyone used SeaDek on their PQ? >

Anyone used SeaDek on their PQ?

Notices

Anyone used SeaDek on their PQ?

Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used SeaDek on their PQ?

So the no-slip molded swim platform on my new to me Legend 260 is quite so non-slip once it gets wet. Was looking at installing the SeaDek material. I have a shop close by that is a dealer/installer and he said he could get the surface done with a nice PQ logo in it over the winter time. Just wondering if anyone has done anything like this and how does it hold up. Would also be nice if someone had a template of the non-skid surface
Old 10-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Registered

I really liked the Seadec but it did not wear very well, after 1 season it looked tired and stained (damn mechanics). I went with Deckadence this year and this looks to be the stuff to use. I did notice 2 cons, (1) can get a bit hot under your feet and (2) If you kneel on it it kinda hurts. I expect this stuff to last about 6 to 10 seasons based on the reports I got.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

I have seadeck on my Baja Boss 302 molded swim platform and extended swim platform. They had the pattern already for the extended swim platform (optional for boat) but did not have the pattern for the molded swim platform that is part of the boat. I had it done in the faux teak and really like it. Extended swim platform has been done for 2 seasons now and molded swim platform was done this year. Had to buy a template kit to trace and then send back to them so they could create the cad drawing. overall very happy with quality and durability thus far. Lead-Time and price I was not too fond of but get what you pay for. I would purchase from them again. They could expand there color line they offer for their products though
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wwolfe
I have seadeck on my Baja Boss 302 molded swim platform and extended swim platform. They had the pattern already for the extended swim platform (optional for boat) but did not have the pattern for the molded swim platform that is part of the boat. I had it done in the faux teak and really like it. Extended swim platform has been done for 2 seasons now and molded swim platform was done this year. Had to buy a template kit to trace and then send back to them so they could create the cad drawing. overall very happy with quality and durability thus far. Lead-Time and price I was not too fond of but get what you pay for. I would purchase from them again. They could expand there color line they offer for their products though
Got any pictures of what it looks like?
Old 10-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
I really liked the Seadec but it did not wear very well, after 1 season it looked tired and stained (damn mechanics). I went with Deckadence this year and this looks to be the stuff to use. I did notice 2 cons, (1) can get a bit hot under your feet and (2) If you kneel on it it kinda hurts. I expect this stuff to last about 6 to 10 seasons based on the reports I got.
Got any pictures of this setup?
Old 10-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Registered

I wont be down to the boat to take pictures till 2 weeks from now but I will be glad to get some for you. I would suggest to google Deckadense and see the videos, also gop to their website and look at some of the installs. I still have to paint the borders on mine but so far I really like it.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Registered

boats in storage...but will look to see if I have any on my phone I can upload.