Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Prop for 230 Conquest >

Prop for 230 Conquest

Notices

Prop for 230 Conquest

Old 12-26-2002, 09:17 AM
SeaNDouble

Question Prop for 230 Conquest

Prop question -- I have a '92 Powerquest 230 Conquest with 7.4L 454 w/ Bravo One outdrive. Came with an unmarked stainless steel prop so I don't know the pitch or anything else about it. Top end is about 48 mph at 4000 rpm. Seems like it should go much faster at a higher rpm. Thinking about a Mirage Plus 21 just from reading these boards. Anyone know what this boat should be running? Thanks.

Old 12-29-2002, 07:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds about right to me, My 23' eliminator uses a 24 P Bravo1. The 21 might be a little light but the 23 may be too much. I use two props a 22 and a 24. I use the 22 for all around use with pulling tubes and such, when I want to run fast I switch to the 24.

Is your prop a 3 or 4 blade?

You could send in your prop for tuning and tell them to take a little pitch out tell them your running 4000 and you want to add 600 RPM I think you 454 maxes at 4600 +-. This would be cheaper than buying one. Then you would know what you have for sure.

You may want to do a leak down test on your engine to make sure it is putting out close to what it is designed for. a 92 is getting a little old and may have issues.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I own a 1993 powequest Conquest which I purchased over last summer. I'm running a stock 454 mag , Bravo One drive. It came with a Mirage 23p which I spin at 4500 rpm at 58 mph. I've seen as high as 62 on perfect condition. I'm looking to get my RPM's up closer to the 5,000 range. I tried a Mirage Plus 21p with very poor results. Also tried a Mirage 21 Left rotation (only because I got a great deal on it) No good. I just bought a Bravo One 22 pitch 4 blade and hope it does the trick. How many hours do you have???
Old 01-02-2003, 10:30 AM
SeaNDouble

Thanks for the ideas. The current prop is a 4 blade, but it got mangled end of last year so I have a good excuse to try a new one. The boat has just under 200 hours on it. Good idea on the leak down test -- I'll get that done. Sounds like I should get the Mirage 23 to hopefully at least get into the mid 50's, but PQConquest, let me know if that Bravo One 22 works out. WOT top end on mine is 4600, think I can run 5000 safely?
You two do any Lake Erie boating?

Old 01-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Registered

WOW! Thats pretty low hours on a 92. I've got abot 360 on mine. as far as RPM I think optimum should be in the 4800 to 5000 range. The only problem i had with the Mirage is the prop would blow out in the corners. Hole shot was not bad and the funny thing is I can have two - 10 people in the boat and not see much of a difference in topend. I also just picked up a larger flame arrestor and am going to place a spacer between the carb and mainfold. the spacer is more so to get ride of the hard starting after the boat sits for a week or two. If that doen't solve the problem I've already bought a electric fuel pump. Does your 92 have that starting issue once it sits??

Thanks Brian
Old 01-03-2003, 07:04 AM
SeaNDouble

Yeah, Brian, I also thought the hours were real low. I bought the boat last spring and it had 144 hours on it. The boat looked perfect, almost brand new. The old owner only used it to run out to a sandbar in Lake St. Clair, sit there for the day, then run back. I think he did that only a couple times each year. I don't necessarily have a hard starting problem, it's more like a no starting problem. When the boat sits for a week or more and it's hotter than 90, it justs clicks when you go to start it. I think its the slave solenoid doing that so I'm going to replace it. Sometimes I do get hard starts, but mine's touchy as far as choking it, very easy to not give it enough or too much. Let me know how your arrestor/space combo work and your Bravo One 22 work out.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:19 AM
Registered

Will do. I'm just getting ready to head out to Chicago this morning to the boat show. I'm in the Southwestern lower corner of Michigan. So right now the boats in storage. We bought ours at the end of June last year. We really love the boat and layout.
Our's came loaded including bolsters and Microwave. I've got the wave graphics in teal & yellow which is the only thing I dislike on the boat. I plan to have them covered with a splsh style graphic.

Brian
Old 06-26-2003, 12:02 PM
SeaNDouble

Brian, how did the test go? Had a local marina test the prop and they said it was the right prop, topped out at 4600 rpm for them. When I got the boat, it's running at 4000 rpm and around 45 mph. Sounds like you're getting better performance out of your current prop. If the Bravo One works better, are you going to sell your Mirage?

Old 06-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

Love the Bravo 1 for blade!! Spinning 5200 RPM at 62 mph with a full tank of gas. And yes I am going to sell the Mirage. To be honest I forgot all about it.

Brian
Old 03-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 four blade for 230 Conquest

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
Love the Bravo 1 for blade!! Spinning 5200 RPM at 62 mph with a full tank of gas. And yes I am going to sell the Mirage. To be honest I forgot all about it.

Brian
I've got a 230 Conquest that I would like to get this prop for. Any chance you could dig up the exact model number for this prop? Thanks