PQ to Formula >

PQ to Formula

Notices

PQ to Formula

Old 03-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PQ to Formula

For those of you who remember, I sold the Vyper last spring and was boatless for the summer..which sucked!!

Well my offer was accepted on a 2000 Formula 400 SS. So I am back in business this year and for many more.

I will be posting more in the formula section but will always check PQ. I loved the Vyper, just too small for lots of weekend overnights.

The new paint scheme on the 38 looks pretty sharp..it is on the cover of Power Boat Mag this month. Top speed seemed slow for the 525 EFI's though.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the 40ss, right? Post some pics and details. I also liked the paint on the PQ. The speed was a bit slower than I have heard 85 + but it did say 90 degrees and humid that day? The one thing that caught my attention was "hull-deck joint screwed together with plexus" What happened to thru bolting? My 99 was thru bolted, does the use of plexus mean you can get away with just screws? I dunno?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:16 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My '02 is thru bolted too.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 03-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Registered

According to PQ our 02's were glassed, through bolted and Plexused but they said that it really only needs Plexus because it won't break apart. In fact the hull that it is attached to will break away before the bond. Now I think they only use Plexus and screws in portions of the hull, not the whole thing but I'm really not sure.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

96Vyper
Good luck on the new formula, are you going to keep it at Sassy's? We will have to get together this summer, My wife likes the cruisers, I'll have to keep her off so she don't get any ideas.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

Guys, I posted some pics on my web site

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ostran...mula_400SS.htm

Ray, yes we do need to get together. We can drop anchor and let the kids and women relax on our boat and we can get one of your two boats up to WOT

Lets see, PQ or Foutain...hmmmm Lets try the Foutain with Trips for a change

We will keep at sassy since we paid for our well last summer, but did not use.

jamckin, you looking for a 400SS? My friend will sell his to you for a great price. He wants a newer 400 with 500 EFI's.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:25 AM
Registered

Congrats on the 40SS. I really like that boat and was thinking about getting one at some point down the road when I too will need the extra room for my little ship mates...

BTW - what is price that one could expect to get a 40SS for?

Good luck and congrats!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

96Vyper

Nice pictures, What do you have for power?

WOT sound good to me! It's always a challenge to keep off the sticks with the family on board, especialy when a blown 38 Fast Tec formula blows by me and all I can do is wave. (happend last year)

Looking forward to warm weather arn't you?
Old 03-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

Ray,

Having the power and not being able to use as wish...that's why I wanted the 400. I know every weekend I would want to hammer on the throttle and have fun with another go-fast, but that wouldn't be right with our baby girl on board. So the speed would almost be waisted except for maybe weeknights.

The 400 has twin 502's with less than 150 hours. I could always add whipples or see if Tyler can upgrade the engines to give me 500 HP like the 500 EFI's...except the cost should be cheaper. I don't think many things have to be upgraded.

Warm weather will be great, we are just finishing our custom masterbath remodel..so we are ready. I negotiated a lower price on the boat and am having Cosra exhaust and the new Bravo 3X's added. Formula was having problems with regular B3's failing under the torque and weight of boat.

Vyper, Price really varies. I watched this specific market for over a year. Narrowed it down to 3 boats and from there got the one with the lowest hours and best price. Anywhere from $170 - $190 would be a good price depending on use and fresh vs. Salt water. There is a 2000 400 in FL and they will take $165 to get off their inventory. Good price, but has 300+ hours, was used year round and in Salt Water. Would have to factor in engine work when buying.

Mike
Old 03-18-2003, 12:26 PM
.XO.

Default Cool

Congrats 96Vyper!!!
We just bought a new 330 Sun Sport last year. Couldn't do the 400ss or the 370ss....would have liked to. Where did you buy the boat from???? Pictures look good!!!
We also live in Shelby Twp. There is another buddy of mine on this sight with a 34 Vyper that lives here as well. Where in Shelby do ya live???? How old is your baby girl?? We have two with one on the way. Have ya ever been on the LSCN(Lake St. Clair Web site)??? There is a cool bulletin board there as well??? Although it's more of a social thing then hard core boaters.
When do ya take delivery???? Good luck!!!!

XO

Quick Reply: PQ to Formula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.