Notices

PQ vs Baja

Old 10-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dave,

When I purchased my 340 in july, Duckys had both a 26 and a 28. I believe they are 2003's. I have heard good things and bad things about Duckys, Tom jr. gave me a great price and I had no problem at all. Duckys is no longer a powerquest dealer, I know Tom jr. wants to move these boats. They also have my trade a 1993 290
Enticer 454 mags loaded w/ custom trailer Splash graphics this boat runs,looks,and shows brand new with an impeccable maintenance history which I still have. Its probabally the best 93 Enticer in the country.
Duckys--- 717-944-4232 fax 717-944-6464 located in Middletown, Pennsylvania good luck.
Jeff
Old 10-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Lucky

Originally posted by KLEEN SWEEP
Hi Dave,

When I purchased my 340 in july, Duckys had both a 26 and a 28. I believe they are 2003's. I have heard good things and bad things about Duckys, Tom jr. gave me a great price and I had no problem at all. Duckys is no longer a powerquest dealer, I know Tom jr. wants to move these boats. They also have my trade a 1993 290
Enticer 454 mags loaded w/ custom trailer Splash graphics this boat runs,looks,and shows brand new with an impeccable maintenance history which I still have. Its probabally the best 93 Enticer in the country.
Duckys--- 717-944-4232 fax 717-944-6464 located in Middletown, Pennsylvania good luck.
Jeff
Thanks,

I will give him a call. Are you willing to share what percent off list they gave you?

You can PM me.

I have had 2 dealers swear up and down they would never sell any boat near 40% off list as a couple people have indicated to me they got.

I would like to know what they did to get that pricing.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:01 AM
Duoprop Enticer

Default Off list

I bought my enticer this time of year in 1999, boat listed for $122,000.00 I paid 75,000 out the door with a trailer.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Kleen Sweep.....are you going to show us your boat? Oh wrong thread! Anyway, I too bought from Ducky's back in late '01. Got a similar deal percentage wise to Duoprop. I think you are likely to get a better deal this time of year. I would definitely call Ducky's about that 28! You may be surprised. Just don't expect much in the way of dealer support. That doesn't matter cause the factory is so easy to deal with.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:22 AM
sjm1421

I have a powerquest 26 SLS and i bought it from Duck's as well..they gave me a tralier that was too weak for our boat, we now have to get a new tralier which tom is over charging. they do no work on any of their boats that they sell and they are very shaddy. I would not buy a bolt off them, if i had to. I'm glad that powerquest droped them because they made powerquest look bad. I love my boat and i would take it over an Baja any day....Baja are junk like duckys..

any questions...just e mail [email protected]

thanks..

Old 10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
Registered

Does ANYONE have a good experience with Ducky's, with the exception of price? Almost no one can beat the deal they give but it will cost you in other areas of the sale (don't expect ANY service or competency in the customer service area).
Old 10-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Registered

Baja are junk like duckys..
I think there are a bunch of us who would disagree (with the Baja part)
Old 10-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by bajadude
I think there are a bunch of us who would disagree (with the Baja part)
I have to agree with bajadude. I owned two Bajas and they most definitely are NOT junk!

Hey Vyper.......tell us how you really feel about Ducky's.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:26 PM
dave502

Bajahahaha
i have a 272 that looks like new, has every option 502mpi, blue book said its worth 53k,--------lets see!!------been trying to sell it all summer cant even sell it for 38k,
so good resale--- bull shi*
i live in california--not much further you could get from powerquest plant-
-but i have been there, seen how there built & road in them on lake Michigan in 7foot swells the boat never
shook made any crazy noises as we were jumping -
it was smooth enough i was standing behind the passenger bolster i probably could have had a cup of coffee as you could hear the drives come out of the water.
I'm sold--powerquest is a far better boat!!! if you put them side by side you can even tell---my baja has bulges and and uneven sides as you look down the sides-like you can see where the bulkheads are,,the pq you don't sea any of this,with the pq i can get any paint scheme that i want!!

and if your going to messure a pq with a baja 272 its closer to size to the 280 silencer than the 26
the 280 has step bottom faster than the baja

my baja loves to chine walk--sucks when your buddy is looking at you while your boat is bouncing all over

baja is a production boat/ pq is a custom boat

anyway just my 2cents----i know what I'm buying--if i can get someone to buy my baja

Old 10-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Registered

When we bought our 280, it was a leftover 1999 and we purchased in February of 2000. Got just about 35% off the MSRP with some aftermarket work thrown in - custom canvas, shorepower, freshwater sink. No trailer. IIRC, we payed something like $53K for it.

The way I look at it, someone *always* gets a better deal; bottom line on price is, are *you* happy with the deal you got? I thought we got a pretty good deal compared to the other boats we were looking at, particularly a 1997 Formula 271, brokered boat, no trailer, for $55K. We paid less for a brand new PQ. I'd definitely consider another PQ when the time comes - out 280 was a great boat.

Quick Reply: PQ vs Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.