PQ Legend SLS >

PQ Legend SLS

Notices

PQ Legend SLS

Old 01-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question PQ Legend SLS

Need some help! We're looking very hard at the PQ Legend SLS 26 in an open bow. New maybe even a low hour used. Just wondering if anyone has had or has one and how they like it. According to PQ it only comes in a 6.2 EFI (320hp) and a 396. Was wondering how the 6.2 performed. Pricing seems to be pretty good on a new one based on my findings at the Chicago show compared to other brands. Was amazed at the rebates, no payments and freebees. It's like buying a new car!

Thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The PQ website says that boat can have up to the 496 Mag HO motor which will run 61 -65. www.powerquestboats.com/custom_build.php?boat=8
Select the model then hit customize this boat, then select your engine option.

I have a 95 270 Laser with similiar hull no steps weighs 4800 lbs with 454 Mag (385 hp) it runs 53-58 depending on how much fuel, passages, gear & waves. All in all it is a great boat which handles 2 to 3 foot waves well. I added tabs as it keeps the bow down more in bigger waves, plows right through. I usually cruise at 3000 - 3200 rpm at 30 - 35 mph. Yes, I do wish it was faster. I also added gaffrig red line gauges and corsa silent choice, removed the mufflers all for about a third the cost if ordered that way from the factory. I had Dave Lamer of Advantage Marine Service in Zeeland install everything. Dave used to build boats at Powerquest so he knew how to install everything and make it look original. He let me order all my own parts thus avoiding mark ups. I was able to my tabs from Boat Leveler - Insta Trim directly. I order a customer 12 x 16 style which is tappered towards the end which kinda looks like a K-plane. I'm just trying to give you some ideas of what you can do to make your boat the way you want.

There are an aweful lot of nice used boats out there. I would consider buying a bigger used boat that is within your budget. Find one thats been stored out of the water and indoors all year and it will look pretty close to new.

If you go the new route you can defiantly track down a lot of the expensive options and add them later for a lot less. All the canvas covers and camper tops are made locally in Holland as well for a lot less than through the factory. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2004, 04:59 PM
SEAM4

I have a '01 260 SLS and like it. The only concern is the seats. I have had lots of problems with the seat hardware (vibrating loose and falling out). Tried to work with the dealer and, when that didn't work, with PQ themselves with little success. PQ just doesn't seem to care!

Besides that problem, it is a good boat that handles well. I have the 454 (310hp), and if I was to buy another SLS a would move up to at least the 496 (385HP?) and the 496HO (420hp) if you can afford it. The 454 does a good job (54 to 56 mph max), but in rough water it could use a little more spunk. The 6.2 would be OK (mid 50's mph) if your running on smooth water, but in rough water you might want more hp. I don't have any reservations about the boat and would buy another. Good luck in your search. SEAM4

Old 01-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

I just talked to a buddy about the 260 PQ. He is getting close to trading his 22 Crownline off on a a bigger boat. He took a hard look at the 26PQ at the Chicago show.

Overall he liked the boat. But he said everything was small. Small glove box, small gunwall storage, etc. Anyone else notice this?

Brian
Old 01-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the same thing on the 26. To be honest it seems all the PQ's other than over the 30' mark are very tight for space in the cockpit. I know that's what use to be the big attraction with the PQ's was the room. We bought a 23 PQ Conquest due to all the room and storage. I'm finding it tough to beat for space! But we need larger one way or another. It seems the bowrider has a little more space??? I think need to see one yet.
Well anyhow the wife gave the green light on a larger ride so I've got to move fast before she changes her mind. Anyone looking we have a beautiful 23 Conquest (25' with swim platform) with a 454 mag on a trailer and loaded with nearly everyoption available. I've attached a photo and will be asking $22,900.
Attached Thumbnails PQ Legend SLS-img011.jpg  
Old 01-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Registered

Caincando1

I own a 260. I moved up from a 17 ft Glastron. I was looking for a larger, deeper, boat , WITH storage. So many boats I looked at had almost zero storage in the cockpit. One of the reasons I bought my PQ was because of the gunwale storage. When I moved all my stuff from my 17 footer to the PQ I had TONS of room to spare. I guess I think the opposite about the 260 storage, I feel I have more than enough. I can't even think of anything to buy to fill all my storage spots!

Did your friend talk with Bill S? at the PQ area at the show. In a conversation I had with him about trading my 260 even up for a 30 ( which he declined!!) I think he mentioned he had a 260 on the floor. I'm sure he will give you a fair deal.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

I'm not sure who he was dealing with. We only had a brief phone conversation.

We've had a few conversation about there needs and wants for there next boat. I recommended PQ to him in the past. It wasn't exactly what he wanted but I think it may be as close as he is going to find.

My friend is located in LaCrosse WI. I'm really not sure where the nearest dealer is. Can anyone recommend someone.

Brian
Old 02-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, Rod from Performance Marine is the Wisconsin PQ dealer and he knows his boats and motors

Here is his website

or e-mail

[email protected]

See ya on the river in a few months
Old 02-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered

Jeff,

I didn't know Rod sold PQ's. I'll be sure an pass that info on. Did you buy yours there?

I heard you're gonna make the Rat Run. Thats way cool! You gonna bring that beautiful PQ of yours? I'd be more than happy to navigate for you.

Brian
Old 02-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, I have it marked on my calendar. Not sure about the boat just yet....Bruce told me he would save me a seat in the Pantera if I decide to leave it at home

Quick Reply: PQ Legend SLS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.