Well It's gone!

Notices

Well It's gone!

Old 06-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well It's gone!

I have not heard of any with the 340's Certainly could be though. CHECK FOR HOOKS IN THE BOTTOM! Where is it slipping? out of the hole? Overall ect... I can see the boat maybee doing 80 on a good day low fuel ect. You are not far off.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I just blew my port engine (78 hours)! I put about two hours on it last weekend had about two on it today and now it's toast. I had my wife driving it and we caught up with about 4 or 5 other offshores and we switched drivers. Now I am driving it at about 50 or so and some of the guys want to play so I pushed the throttles foward and I knew something was wrong, it just did not go seemed sluggish ect. I backed down and I noticed Ihad to push the throttle significantly further on that engine to maintain the same RPM as the starboard. I started for home and stopped a few times to listen to it I thought maybe a spark plug wire or something as it was missing some. I got back to my canal and it was missing more. I heard a squeel and I shut it off immediatly. now it wont crank...........................I think I lost a valve

By by summer

Last edited by Raypanic; 07-03-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:17 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raypanic
I just blew my port engine (78 hours)! I put about two hours on it last weekend had about two on it today and now it's toast. I had my wife driving it and we caught up with about 4 or 5 other offshores and we switched drivers. Now I am driving it at about 50 or so and some of the guys want to play so I pushed the throttles foward and I knew something was wrong, it just did not go seemed sluggish ect. I backed down and I noticed Ihad to push the throttle significantly further on that engine to maintain the same RPM as the starboard. I started for home and stopped a few times to listen to it I thought maybe a spark plug wire or something as it was missing some. I got back to my canal and it was missing more. I heard a squeel and I shut it off immediatly. now it wont crank...........................I think I lost a valve

By by summer

Old 07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Registered

Scott,

You mentioned a problem with the head ventilation. I had a 340 and now a 380 that both seem to pressurize the holding tank. The 380 seems like it back fills the head on some occasions (nasty) and I checked the vent which seems OK. What did you do to fix it?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Scott added another vent line to the tank and t-ed it in to the existing vent. He has more details but he got at it through the speaker cut out and throttle/shifter opening
Old 07-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Scott
Tell me more about the venting issue with your waste tank. I also pick up some nasty smells, more common when the waste tank is near full. Is it possible for something to be leaking if the tank gets pressurized?
Smell doesn't come from the head area but builds in the helm area when the canvas is up.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The holding tank and macerator are behind the coaming panel on the driver side. To get the panel off you go through the speaker opening and loosen the nuts.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hi guys just reading through and thought I would ask if any of you know the boat called "lots of tail". a 1999 380 with 525sc's. I am looking to buy this and close this weekend but I am courious of any problems that it might have. Please let me know and if you want please call me at (309)275-3436. Thanks Rich.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Registered

My question on the Vac-U-Flush head systems...............how long does your tank (if a VHT-12) hold the vacuum before the pump comes back on?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've just started having problems with mine loosing vacuum this year. Third summer. The pump will kick in about every 30 minutes or so. Bill had this problem during the first summer. He went in through the coaming panel and found a loose fitting. I have not taken the time to do that yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.