Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!! >

All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Notices

All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Mental, boat looks huge in the pics. I hope to see it at the LOTO shootout. Rich has told me about the boat and the pics are sweet ! I can relate to the mid-factory assembly since I was at the PQ factory in November. Looks like you and the SUN management are pretty tight, does it get any better then that???

And I thought my winter was long, you must be counting down minutes until mid summer delivery like the Y2K countdown.........
Old 12-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Registered

How does the 29 Enticer handle the big water at the shootout? I have never had a single person down play the LOTO water, so I am expecting the worst of the worst....especially after a buddy launched his 33 outlaw last memorial day. What should I expect??

-Wally
Old 12-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

MENTALPAUSE,
Boat is looking rather large, hope to meet you in loto. It will be cool to see your boat up close.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

The boat is huge, but they always seem bigger around land than in the water. The original plan was to put 525s in it, but I'm thinking something bigger will be appropriate.

Cbgerl - shootout weekend will be rough. Especially if you leave the shootout when everyone else is leaving. You will get a little beat up in the 29. But pretty much everything gets beat up there. It really depends how much practice you have in those conditions, If you are pretty good about getting in and out of the throttles and can keep the boat level, and don't mind flying every now and then, you'll be fine.

What ever ended up with that 33 outlaw mishap? I heard he was hurt pretty bad, but never heard how it all ended up. He was on a pretty nasty corner of the lake, a 90 degree turn right outside party cove. The wash machine effect of the water off the cliffs is worse there than anyplace else. 5 to 6 footers on a good day. Way worse on Memorial day. Take your first few rides through there with someone that knows how to run that corner, it can be a blast if you know what you are doing.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile Re: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Wally: it can be a blast if you know what you are doing.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree. The 29 flyyys very well.

John boat looks better and better each time I see it. Looks like the hull is off of the Innovator hull, I likes . If the cockpit is to tall for Collett an idea that I came up with for Cathy was to take two throwables and sew them into a color matching towel with the handles left out, that way they could be used if needed. I must say I have used it and have my own because it is nice on your feet when in the rough stuff.

As for the 33 outlaw, cbgenrl and myself had a beer last Wednesday with Boody and he is doing fine, should not have to have anymore surgerys. Chris is doing good himself and has moved his boat down to the Ozarks for good I think. By the way I know of a 2003 33 Outlaw w/500s and boxes for sale. He is not getting out of it just getting something different.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

The new boat has electric foot rests so Colette can set the floor height anywhere she wants it. I just want to make sure she can get comfortable driving it. There have been a few times when we stayed too long at Kelly's that she is the DD for the trip home. She got pretty good with the dominator, wasn't afraid to drive the main channel at 55-65mph on late Saturday afternoon. I have to admit though, she never has gotten used to air time when driving. But it will be a lot harder to get air time in the new boat compared to the old one.

But my daughter (Annie) has gotten to be a great driver. She's got the timing down to get off the throttles just as the props are breaking out, then right back in the throttles just as the bottom starts touching the water. She is definitely not afraid of the rough water. The problem with her though is some days it is questionable who should be the DD

Last edited by Mentalpause; 12-29-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Sounds fantastic. I haven't done the Shootout but was planning on it for 2005. Was planning on staying at the Tan-Tar-Resort. Based on what I read it is supposed to be a great spot. Any comment from you folks that have been there? How far is it from the action?
Will be towing my 34 Viper from Minneapolis
Old 12-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

performancemary: I have not stayed at TanTara myself, but I have had friends stay there and they say it is very nice. If you stay there you are about 1 to 4 min. to the no wake zone depending on how fast you drive. If you have not been there before you will have alot of fun as some others can tell you.
Depending on how much time you can get I do suggest that you come down on Friday and get settled in, or even on Thursday it is well worth it. I hope we will all be able to get together down there like PWRQUEST wants.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by performancemary
Will be towing my 34 Viper from Minneapolis
Uhhhh, it's Vyper dude.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Registered

performancemary,
Never stayed there, but friends have and they liked it.

Everyone spends a lot of time posting messages here, it would be pretty cool to finally meet the people

Like PWRQWST said we should set up a time when it gets closer and all meet for dinner and a few drinks

I don't know about everyone else but I'm looking forward to seeing Mentalpause's new sunsation

Quick Reply: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.