Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!! >

All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Notices

All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Old 12-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Just wanted to formally post that we closed out the 2004 boating season at LOTO today. Since I am between boats I had to go out on my friends 353 Fastek this afternoon for about 3 hours. Temps were right about 70 degrees.

Rich knows the guy. It is always nice to close out boating on the last day of the year. Unfortunately tomorrow calls for rain so I don't think we are going to open 05 yet.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

dave98-cbgenrl-pwpquesr-macklin-metal pause-van bongo
Based on what I am reading it appears all the above are planning on the LOTO shoot out in 2005. As I have never been there and don't know the hot spots but it sounds like some of you have. Lets get some ideas going. We will be arriving Friday and plan to stay till Monday. We plan on staying at the Tan-Tar.

Relative to the actual shoot out when and where does that happen?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mentalpause, I got a chance to ride on both the Formula 35 and the 38 in Miami last Feb. I loved the 353. Man was it rough outside Governor's Cut! Ofcourse the 38 ate it up, but the 353 was so much more sporty. I think it's a heavier boat which is why the ride is better than my 340. What's your opinion?

BTW, it was 65 degrees here yesterday. I would have loved to splash the boat, but I have $10/gallon antifreeze in both motors. Glad somebody got to go boating.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John; Nice, rub it in, real nice

I thought about it since mine is not winterized and sitting comforatably around 60 degres this year , but had to clear some timber, had some helpers yesterday.
How are the Kellys doing, I havent talked to him since St Louis last year. I know that Cathy has talked to JoAnn at work and that she had mentioned a cruiser in there future, whats up with that. She sayed it was for the grandkids, but grandkids like to go fast to.

performance: The event is held in front of Shooters 21 at the 21 MM, but they shut down the straight away from the 19MM to the 23 or 24MM cant remember.
I think Tan Tara is at the 26MM, just around the bend.
Yes we will have to get together and meet, it will be nice to put a face with a name.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Tan Tara is at the 26 MM. Kelly is pricing a new dock now. he is thinking of moving to one of the exrpess cruisers, like the Formula SS400, or a SeaRay. They will still run in the 50s. He doesn't run very fast anymore, although he opened it up yesterday for about 10 miles. All boys in the boat yesterday. Jo Ann doesn't like running that fast anymore.

With both his kids having babies this past summer, I don't think he feels the 353 is the proper set up to get the whole family out. He's right. He3 has his 353 for sale now. I will probably go that route one of these days, just not quite ready yet. Plus I'm hoping the new 43 will kind of be in between. Big enough cabin that you can move around and enjoy it a little, yet still runs hard, especially in the rough stuff.

As far as comparing the 34 vyper to the 353, I've spent a lot more hours in the 353 and only been on a vyper once. The 353 weighs 8500 lbs. Runs well in the rough water. Keeps a good flat profile.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John tell Terry if he buys a Formula he should get it w/525s and thru hull
It does make good sense to own a cruiser but I'm with you just not quite ready yet,(Cathy sure is) thats why we bought the 38 alittle of both since we have the little one, and one on the way

Tell them we said hi
Old 01-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
John tell Terry if he buys a Formula he should get it w/525s and thru hull
It does make good sense to own a cruiser but I'm with you just not quite ready yet,(Cathy sure is) thats why we bought the 38 alittle of both since we have the little one, and one on the way

Tell them we said hi
I kind of like the idea of him getting one. Then we have choices. If we are feeling like a fast trip we will take the Sun out for the day. if we are into smash waves mode at 30 mph, we can take the Formula out. Either ride suits me just fine. I can sit in the navigation seat of his Formula mixing the capt and cokes
Old 01-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

I hear you loud and clear on the crusier talk be I ain't ready for the slow lane just yet. However, one ride to consider if your looking for more room and still keep the Go Fast look is the Fountain Sport Cruser. They are sleek, have extra headroom and some of the crusier stuff but still go 70 plus. However they stoped making them in 98 .
Old 01-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by performancemary
I hear you loud and clear on the crusier talk be I ain't ready for the slow lane just yet. However, one ride to consider if your looking for more room and still keep the Go Fast look is the Fountain Sport Cruser. They are sleek, have extra headroom and some of the crusier stuff but still go 70 plus. However they stoped making them in 98 .
They are still making them. I looked at one last year. I also just saw one for sale in Extreme Boating - a 48 footer with triple Yanmar's and surface drives. It is for sale from Ocean Performance in Boston. Those would be a real nice ride, similar to the SS400 that Formula makes. That is what my friend is looking at. Runs mid 50's, supposedly 57 with 496HOs. Also available with 525s.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

525s 525s 525s with thru hull SWEEEEEEET

Quick Reply: All PQ's meet in LOTO for 2005 SHOOTOUT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.