Converting to a faring... >

Converting to a faring...

Notices

Converting to a faring...

Old 12-31-2004, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Converting to a faring...

Has anyone had the windshield removed and had a faring installed on thier PQ?
If so, what were the results and cost.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 12-31-2004, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Converting to a faring...

Dave: I talked to Madi last year at the St Louis show when I was looking at a new 34 with a windsheild, she told me it was easier to put a faring on then going the other way. She stated that all the holes are there and they would not charge me to switch it out on a new one. I would guess about 8-10 hours of labor.

Call up and ask for Mark or Mandi they will tell you, phone # 616-772-9474, you can call and leave a message they will call you back.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I absolutely love the looks of a PQ with a fairing! However, I also love the functionality of my windshield. It makes boating in early spring, late fall, and during summer thunderstorms so much more enjoyable!!
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

I also think the PQ is a better looking boat with a fairing rather then a windshield. I have taken a fairing and a window version of the Revenge for a cruise and the windshield does help quite a bit at speed.

However.........I think I will just have to go buy some goggles for those times!

Dave
Old 01-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave98
I also think the PQ is a better looking boat with a fairing rather then a windshield. I have taken a fairing and a window version of the Revenge for a cruise and the windshield does help quite a bit at speed.

However.........I think I will just have to go buy some goggles for those times!

Dave
I think all boats look better with the faring. Macklin, I wouldn't worry too much about spring time boating. Especially in the 34 and 38 where the faring is going to be several inches in front of the driver. You can get situated so the air blows over your head. I could always do it in my Sunsation Dominator, so I know you could do it in the bigger PQs.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Riding in QWST's 38 I would describe the faring as non-functional over 60. I have seen Rich's cheeks flap around like a bloodhound in the back of an old chevy pick-up

They do look cool, but you know your getting wind when you have to switch sunglasses because the usual pair will blow off at speed

But when it comes to looks, one can sacarafice hard nipples

Mental, these weather reports are killing me....
Old 01-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

WOFF WOFF from the blood hound, I've been with John when his do that also but like you both said it is well worth it.
Rain only hurts when it is raining and you are moving so drop anchor and have a cold one in the cuddy.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I got a gift certificate for the Harley store for Xmas. Need to get a good pair of goggles since my eyeballs start rolling upward right around 73-75 mph. Not the best time for your eyesight to blur.

You know if you let those cheeks flap enough it starts to drive the wrinkles out from around the eyes. You can always duck under that air flow.

The weather at LOTO is significantly better than here. My boat has been down there for 5 years now. I can always find one time for every month to get out, you just need to be flexible and watch the weather. It makes the winter go by much faster. It will even be better with self enclosed cooling, and fresh water flush outs. Just need to switch the pet cock from the lake water to the flush outs, and dump a gallon or so of the pink stuff in while running each engine for about 30 seconds to a minute, and done. If I get a genny I am going to have them put a flushout on it also so I can winterize it just as easily. Especially since the first thing Colette will turn on on those 60 degree December runs is the heat.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Originally Posted by NordicHeat
Has anyone had the windshield removed and had a faring installed on thier PQ?
If so, what were the results and cost.
Thanks,
Dave
PowerQuest did mine. The Boat looks 100% better. There is a lot more wind, but I think it was worth it.

Jan
Attached Thumbnails Converting to a faring...-dsc00658.jpg   Converting to a faring...-jans.jpg