2005 Powerquest Rally??

Notices

2005 Powerquest Rally??

Old 03-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Powerquest Rally??

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
Well as far as a rally goes I feel that PQ should have it up by the factory so we can tour it and see possable new stuff. Or at least bring a couple new boats to the rally for people to look at. I'm in, depending upon when it is mid July will be bad for me, baby due As far as the location Chain of Lakes, Lake Mi. LOTO. or even Clinton Lake

Oh what the heck what about the third week in June? If we are all free we will just call PQ and tell them when and where we want to have it. This should have been planed by the first of the year, but we will just do it know.

NT
sounds like fun but bad timing for us, any others that might work? Wally might still be able to make it but I'm, out for that one.
Rich, the new dock is supposedly going in in April. Then I can put the new lift in it whenever I want. You won't be using your boat in July or August so you may as well leave it at LOTO on the lift.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAHHH Let me think about that You know it is always good to test a new lift and make sure it works properly, like for a couple of months I might just have to take you up on that.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats your thougts on holding something in the Holland area of Michigan?? They have the nice bay if the lake gets to nasty. On top of we'd be right by the plant. Last year I think we only had 22 Boats and I'm sure we can do better than that! I placed an e-mail to PQ today questioning if thay had anything planned. I'll let you guys know the response. I think if we help out a little more this time things may go a little smoooooooother.

By the way I'm making an offer on a boat in the morning subject to sea trial. If I get me way I'll have that baby in the water next weekend!!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Registered

I have a feeling my boat was one of the 22 that was there last year (with its previous owner, also in holland).

So you probably know the previous owner and boat.........
Old 03-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Registered

I think Holland is an excellent idea. I can't believe PQ held 1st ever event in Michigan City last year. I would have liked to attend but I couldn't convince the wife to pack up the 3 & 1 year old kids.

Look around in Muskegon, Grand Haven & Holland (Michigan) and that's probably were at least half the boats they ever sold are located. I think a lot of PQ owners would attend if it did not involve having to tow boat somewhere. Sorry for the rest of you.

Maybe once the PQ event earned a reputation owners would be more likely to go out of their way to attend an event at a further location or decide to try something new. I would definitely try to attend a local event.

As far as dates go I don't care. The "Smoke on the Water Poker Run" is the second week in July and it is an "Awesome" event to watch and see some incredible boats that we all dream about. There's also Coast Guard Festival for two weekends in August I believe. Muskegon Air Show. Possibly another OSS offshore race in Grand Haven if we are lucky. I am just suggesting trying to coordinate the PQ event on one of the weekends when there is something exciting happening in West MI. That way there would be a destination to take a nice boat ride to and enjoy the afternoon. Regardless, any afternoon on the boat is enjoyable. Just a suggestion.

I have a 95 PQ 27 Laser 454 MAG EFI 385hp always stored inside and still in great condition. Someday I'd like to add a ProCharger or upgrade to a 30 Revenge with 496 HO's. I boat in Grand Haven, MI all summer.

Let's hope we can all put something together. I'm willing to help.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lake St Clair would be another great location for a rally. They have plenty of wells at the public docks to accommodate everyone, great restaurant's and party/swimming areas.
There is definitely alot of PQ's on that lake. I have a 29, and a couple of my buddies own PQ's (34 & 38).
Old 03-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wally which boat did you buy?
Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by speed demon
As far as dates go I don't care. The "Smoke on the Water Poker Run" is the second week in July and it is an "Awesome" event to watch and see some incredible boats that we all dream about. boat in Grand Haven, MI all summer.
Speed Demon, do you know of good places to stay in that area if someone wants to go to Smoke on the Water but won't be taking a boat? Not sure if they allow folks to partake of some of the stuff going on if you don't actually enter the poker run.

I'm going to have to wait until 06 to enter, boat is in progress but won't be done in July.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Registered

PQCONQUEST,
Did you contact Howard on his 257?
Or did you decide on a different one.
Calvin
Old 03-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Registered

Conquest - Check this link for my boat:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=92191

Quick Reply: 2005 Powerquest Rally??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.