Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Powerquest 26 Legend Prop Help >

Powerquest 26 Legend Prop Help

Notices

Powerquest 26 Legend Prop Help

Old 05-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped out my labbed 23p mirage plus for a 21p Rev4. The results were interesting. Hole shot was improved but the bow lift was significantly increased, even with the tabs down. Top end was 2-3 mph slower even with the rpms extremely close to 5k on the dash (higher with the rev4). Mid range is night and day difference, awesome. But the pros didnt outweigh the cons. What really disappointed me was the decreased performance in big water. Even with the tabs down I couldn't keep the boat in the water. The mirage plus is great in big water, both for a stable ride with tabs down but also for running hard trimmed up. Another interesting point is the sound difference, even my wife mentioned something. It sounds knarly whereas the mirage sounds normal, weird.

Overall really the only significant improvement was mid range acceleration, which is what I aimed for, but with the decreased control in big water I think I'll stick with the mirage plus for now. It just really surprised me with the increase in bow lift over the mirage plus.