Imco Shorties ? >

Imco Shorties ?

Notices

Imco Shorties ?

Old 08-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imco Shorties ?

I'm Looking For More Speed. I Have A 29 Enticer With Twin 7.4 310 Mpi's Bravo 1 Drives. People Told Me To E-mail Rick From Powerquest So I Did And He Said That Someone Had Installed Imco 2" Shorties On Their Boat Same Boat As Mine And Gained 7 Mph The Engines Were 7.4 Lit 310 Mpi's (2) And Bravo 1's. Anyone Hear Of Gaining That Kind Of Speed With Imco Lowers? What Exactly Are Imco Shorties? Rick Did Not Have This Persons Name Or Any Way To Contact This Person To Get All The Details.thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Imco Shorties ?

Post your perfromance numbers and we can determine whether you are a good candidate for this or not.

Julie
Old 08-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by paxtonsc
I'm Looking For More Speed. I Have A 29 Enticer With Twin 7.4 310 Mpi's Bravo 1 Drives. People Told Me To E-mail Rick From Powerquest So I Did And He Said That Someone Had Installed Imco 2" Shorties On Their Boat Same Boat As Mine And Gained 7 Mph The Engines Were 7.4 Lit 310 Mpi's (2) And Bravo 1's. Anyone Hear Of Gaining That Kind Of Speed With Imco Lowers? What Exactly Are Imco Shorties? Rick Did Not Have This Persons Name Or Any Way To Contact This Person To Get All The Details.thanks
I just installed a set on a 43 nor tech still no speed gain but improved acceleration still playing with props I think we will get about 5 mph when we get done.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Imco Shorties ?

Imco shorties raise the propellers 2" closer to the surface. The theory is......

less drag from the cases in the water will allow you to go faster. But, if the boat doesn't like this due to various reasons like needing bow lift, it could actually slow you down.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Registered

Re: Imco Shorties ?

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Imco shorties raise the propellers 2" closer to the surface. The theory is......

less drag from the cases in the water will allow you to go faster. But, if the boat doesn't like this due to various reasons like needing bow lift, it could actually slow you down.
THATS WHAT HAPPEN ON MY 36 OUTLAW!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Registered

Thank you for all your replies. From my understanding the Enticer has too much bow lift (because of the hull design) causing chine walk severely @higher speeds depending on the weather/water conditions i know for a fact just from experimenting that this boat will run great @ full throttle with slight to no chine walk. This is mostly when i have about a 1 foot or so chop more than that the boat will start to chine walk(also to factor in cross wakes from other boats and wind ). If this is true (too much bow lift) would the shorties make a difference for the better or head me more chine walk? I just bought some 4 blade Bravo's 24 p will see if this helps the chine walk. Currently running Mirage Plus 25p's 3 blade. Thanks again to all.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Registered

the shorties should drop the bow
Old 09-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Imco Shorties ?

As far as the overall lift and chining, shorties will probably help. But the performace aside of handling will also be affected. Hopefully for the better.