Notices

Mercury Revolution 4

Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mercury Revolution 4

Has anyone tried this prop? On what type of boat and what did you think?
Old 06-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mercury Revolution 4

I run one on my 26 foot Wellcraft Nova. I put a n/a 540, about 600 hp , single in the boat and it would blow out any 3 blade prop that I tried. Went to a revolution, and problem solved. The boat handles much better at all speeds and cruises more efficiently too.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

How did the prop affect top speed? What pitch did you go with in relation to the pitch on your 3 blade?

I'm running a 21p mirage + right now, only seeing 4500 rpm @ about 62 mph. i just ordered a 19p rev 4 from ebay. I have problems with my prop blowing out too, at low speeds. Also problems with porpoising in smooth water at certain speeds. I'm hoping this prop does the trick.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Mercury Revolution 4

Sleeper Dave,

If you scroll back a ways through these threads, you'll find some extensive discussions on this propeller family. We love this propeller at BBLADES and have a full line of test props available. Originally designed for mid 20 foot single engine sport boat applications, we now use them on out boards to med. power Bravo drives.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered

I've read some of the discussions before. That's what led me to order it. I'm primarily looking for better out of the hole and midrange, and that's the reason i went with it, but i'm kind of hoping for some top-end benefits too!

I'll have the prop today, hopefully, so I might be able to find out for myself tonight! It was sort of an impulse purchase this weekend, after i kept blowing the prop out on Friday i got kind of p.o.ed and just ponyed up and bought it. I checked out your site and tried to call but didn't get an answer on Saturday. Found a new one on ebay for $435 so i bought it.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Mercury Revolution 4

Sorry I missed the call Sat. We were all at graduation parties. My 18 year old son was one of the graduates and we had a party at our home. Congrats again Joseph!! Actually he finished in Jan. And already has a semester of college under his belt. The formal class graduation was Sat. I'm very proud (if you can't tell).

If you have questions in the future, please let us know
Old 06-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered

I bought a pair from bblades for my 32' outlaw, best props I ever had on it, and I tried every other make/model. I also run them "in" which no other prop felt good running "in" before. I have 23 pitch, if I was to go with 3 blades I would run 25 pitch props. I get great stern lift with the rev 4's.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered

We're getting a set of test props very soon from what the hubby told me yesterday. Rob said bblades was very helpful and he really appreciated the time you took to discuss everything with him. The props sound like what we're looking for as far as what everyone is saying about bring the bow out of the water. Our boat is very top heavy. Can't wait to try them out.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Registered

Congrats bblades!

I put the rev 4 on last night and tried it out. It does everything better except top speed. I lost a couple mph up top, but i just filled the boat up when i put it away last time, so some might come back. More on that later.

Out of the hole, a world of difference. I can plane out without using the tabs. I can leave the tabs and drive set how i want them for cruise, and it planes out no problem. I can get on plane at half throttle if i want.

Cruising, also great. It'll hold plane at a lower speed with less tab. I can comfortably cruise at 35 mph now, before i was playing with the throttle to hold plane at that speed. 3100 rpm = 35 mph, bump the throttle up one click and it goes to 3500 rpm and 40 mph. Both good cruising settings.

I can slow down and let the boat just start to come off plane, then hammer it again and it'll pop right back up. Before, the prop would just blow out.

At idle speeds the boat seems to track straighter. But i didn't do much idling so i have to check that out further. At moderate speeds the boat just behaves better, responds to controls better, etc.

When i hit waves, the prop seems less likely to lose traction, it doesn't rev up as easy.

At WOT, i'm seeing 4800 rpm and a best of 58.2 mph. Previous best was 61.4 at 4500 rpm w/ 21p mirage +, but i was probably carrying 200 lbs less fuel at the time. It will carry the bow better, no more porpoising. I can give it way more trim than i should and it stays hooked up, the bow just keeps lifting.

All around a much better prop. But i did lose a couple mph.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

BTW, i'm running a 27 fever, single 502, 1.36 drive.

I just did some calculations, seems like i'm at about 8.3% slip at WOT, and anywhere from 10-13% at cruise.

What's the "performance vent system" and what does it do?

Quick Reply: Mercury Revolution 4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.