Issue with Labbed Mirage 3 Blade 25 Pitch >

Issue with Labbed Mirage 3 Blade 25 Pitch

Notices

Issue with Labbed Mirage 3 Blade 25 Pitch

Old 06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Issue with Labbed Mirage 3 Blade 25 Pitch

Best prop I ever tried on my old baja was a labbed 26 b1, my rpm's were a tad bit low, but hole-shot, handling, and top-end were much improved.

I also bought a brand new 28 bravo 1 for 450.00 had Throttle-up lab it for 400.00, with shipping I too have over 900.00 invested in a prop that does not work for my boat. I should have known better when I talked to Gene at throttle up and he asked me what I hoped to get from the prop and I told him 2 possibly 3 mph and he laughed.. Julie did offer to tweak it for me with my free adjustment. so I'm torn between trying to sell it with the free adjustment to match a potential buyer's boat or to tweak it and give it anther try on my boat. It raised the rpm's very close to what my stock 26 b1 is running but it also increased the slip from about 15% to 18% and didn't gain any speed.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you buy the prop and tell them it was for a Baja? Or did you get an "off the shelf" lab prop?

If they knew it was for your boat they should have worked it with the "Baja cup". If it was an off the shelf prop then I could understand why it is what it is.

The Mirage is good for top end speed on your boat but that's about it. The prop can be worked to perform better than it does now but you will need to get some good performance numbers.

You will want to get WOT rpm, GPS speed, and note trim settings as well.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris288
Best prop I ever tried on my old baja was a labbed 26 b1, my rpm's were a tad bit low, but hole-shot, handling, and top-end were much improved.

I also bought a brand new 28 bravo 1 for 450.00 had Throttle-up lab it for 400.00, with shipping I too have over 900.00 invested in a prop that does not work for my boat. I should have known better when I talked to Gene at throttle up and he asked me what I hoped to get from the prop and I told him 2 possibly 3 mph and he laughed.. Julie did offer to tweak it for me with my free adjustment. so I'm torn between trying to sell it with the free adjustment to match a potential buyer's boat or to tweak it and give it anther try on my boat. It raised the rpm's very close to what my stock 26 b1 is running but it also increased the slip from about 15% to 18% and didn't gain any speed.

So your speed actually improved with the 4 blade? If so, by how much?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

went from 61-62 to about 64... and like I said everything else was improved as well...