Diffuser Ring on Bravo >

Diffuser Ring on Bravo

Notices

Diffuser Ring on Bravo

Old 10-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diffuser Ring on Bravo

Has anyone removed the diffuser ring on a bravo 4blade? If so what were the results?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Diffuser Ring on Bravo

Jim
I believe when you remove the ring it cuts down on bow lift. I know some guys that run cats do this.

Hey-- Thanks for the awesome job on my Edelbrock aluminum heads. Two seasons now and running strong. They sure work good.

Smitty

Last edited by Smitty; 10-17-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
chief fever
Platinum Member

JimV I ordered a 36 labbed B-1 from Teague they sent me one minus diffuser,tryed it barely could git the boat on plane called Bret at bblades,he said that on a cat it would work but on my 98-29ft. Fever it was a joke don;t waste your time.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Diffuser Ring on Bravo

We have cut them off many times. Only on the applications we feel will help from the modification. The rings can slow you down for various reasons all relating to drag. on the other hand, some boats will struggle to get on plane without them.

There is a thread well over a year old on here if you can find it that explains the ins and outs. Back at that time, we were the only guys out there willing to preach the benefits of removing the rings. My how times have changed.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
Jim
I believe when you remove the ring it cuts down on bow lift. I know some guys that run cats do this.

Hey-- Thanks for the awesome job on my Edelbrock aluminum heads. Two seasons now and running strong. They sure work good.

Smitty
Thanks Smitty, Im glad their working out.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
We have cut them off many times. Only on the applications we feel will help from the modification. The rings can slow you down for various reasons all relating to drag. on the other hand, some boats will struggle to get on plane without them.

There is a thread well over a year old on here if you can find it that explains the ins and outs. Back at that time, we were the only guys out there willing to preach the benefits of removing the rings. My how times have changed.
I guess thats my question, how much gain on top end can I see by removing the ring. I realize the planing issues but it sure seems like the ring would cause drag especially with positive trim.

Last edited by JimV; 10-20-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Registered

That's the hard part, there really isn't a speed increase that you can count on. There are even times when removing the diffurser ring can cause a loss in speed.

In your case I would expect a speed increase but I would expect less than 1 mph.

Matt
Old 10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I tried a set....No more speed & getting on plane was very tough..
Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: Diffuser Ring on Bravo

We have never seen speed decreases when done correctly and appropriately. The people stating that there are decreases are the same people who said we were crazy to cut them off in the first place. A different tune is being sung as they learn. The negative performance issues were due only to planing ability. If speed losses occurred, the process was done on the wrong application.

As far as speed increase are concerned.........average .5 to 1 mph. This is on B1 propellers. We have see 2+ mph gains on Maximus propellers. Hydro props show less rewards from the process.

Again, all this being said, you must do the removal on the correct rig in the correct application. You have to know how your boat responds now.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:12 AM
mjb
Registered

BBlades- it seems as though matching the ring removal to the correct application is the key to successful results. I have an older straight hull top gun with bravo drives turning 26 bravo's. The boat has a fairly conservative(stock) X dimension. I currently have no blow out problems when getting on plane with these props.
I want a little more top end speed. Do you think that I am a good candidate for ring removal??

Thanks-

Quick Reply: Diffuser Ring on Bravo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.