advice for an Australian please >

advice for an Australian please

Notices

Old 05-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All my name is Pete from Sydney, Australia, i am putting together a 21ft mono hull with a 300xs merc, jacking plate, trim tabs, ballast tank i will be racing in the Australian offshore series next season, i am looking for advice on the right prop for this boat.

i have been told the trophy 24 or 25" but the merc site says 27 - 28" or the Pro ET prop, would anyone have any advice on what would be best suited to start for racing.

Thank in advance

Pete
Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pro ET would work, I am guessing the boat is similar to a force or bullet? I would think you would want all of 27-28" as the 300XS is not a high reving engine, what gears are you running.

Lots of experience with props on this board, but mainly with bigger boats, for outboard stuff try http://forums.screamandfly.com/
Old 05-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Registered

Thanks Waterboy. yeh like a force or bullet has a sportsmaster 1:62.
will try the other forum as well.

Thankyou
Old 05-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Hey do those things have to turn the opposite direction down there? LOL, sorry I had too. Welcome to OSO.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Thanks unbroken, i think we turn left down here, although i did see 3 class 1 boats go the wrong way last weekend and all did a u turn to get back on course, that was spectacular.

thanks for the welcome its like heaven finding a site like this

Cheers
Old 05-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by unbroken
Hey do those things have to turn the opposite direction down there? LOL, sorry I had too. Welcome to OSO.

Its Sydney.....plenty go both ways there
Old 05-06-2007, 03:23 AM
Registered

thats tru too powerabout. buts its fun trying to figure out which way the boat coming opposite you will turn. especially the ferrys like a bus they have the right of way even if they have to go over the top of you. LOL
Old 05-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hombre
thats tru too powerabout. buts its fun trying to figure out which way the boat coming opposite you will turn. especially the ferrys like a bus they have the right of way even if they have to go over the top of you. LOL
Hombre

Whats the score with the ferrys this year, 3 killed 4 sunk and no convictions yet. Probably safer driving through pirate infested Indonesian waters coz sometimes they just take temporary prisioners

Last edited by powerabout; 05-06-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

actually 4 killed, this year, a little fishing boat didnt make national news, thats right no convictions, funny that we might have tuff gun laws but our sentencing system definetly suits the criminals over here.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete,

Alex and I race in Majic.We were in National A, but there are no more boats in that class so it will be production next year. You didn't see us in Botany Bay this year, but you probably will next season.

I guess you have chatted to the Melbourne boys but if you need a hand, PM me and I will get you in touch with the Sydney contingent. We probably have quite a few props between us so maybe we can help out.

Good Luck

Jim

Quick Reply: advice for an Australian please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.