A BIG PROBLEM not planning >

A BIG PROBLEM not planning

Notices

A BIG PROBLEM not planning

Old 07-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A BIG PROBLEM not planning

I have a 39 feet US Navy Seal boat with 2 620hp mercs,Speedmaster 4s,the propepeller shaft is 1 inch below the bottom straight forvard from the shaft,17,5x30 3-blade cleavers,boat weight 13000lb, 1500-1700rpm the prop blows out.What is the next thing to do ???.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the boat ever plane? What props were on it?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It these are the original props, ease up to 4000 RPM and see if you can get them to hook up. Try and keep the RPM equal on each engine.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
It these are the original props, ease up to 4000 RPM and see if you can get them to hook up. Try and keep the RPM equal on each engine.
I do not know what the original propellers are,it was only the hull when i bought it,but the original drives are Speedmaster 3 and 580hp,Should i go to 4-blades ???.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mark,
You could save yourself a lot of pain and expense if you can find out what props were on this boat prior. If this isn't possible, I suggest you work with one of the prop companies
that offer a trial program that would allow you to keep trying props until the props are right.
You not only get an expert to work with, it will be the best value approach to prop your boat.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is the boat I am thinking of it originally had 3a drives and several propellers have been tried on this boat. The boat is still manufactured with 3 a drives. Currently it is running Rolla 6 blade props. 5 blade props work well also.

Since you have changed the drives and motors you may very well have to set the boat up again to work with the current set up.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered

Mark,
You could save yourself a lot of pain and expense if you can find out what props were on this boat prior. If this isn't possible, I suggest you work with one of the prop companies
that offer a trial program that would allow you to keep trying props until the props are right.
You not only get an expert to work with, it will be the best value approach to prop your boat.
I think the Navy Seal boys won´t tell me anything about the props it is a seacret, but i have read somwhere it was Fountain who made these boats for the navy ?
Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to contact Randy at Cobra Power out of Miami, FL. He has a program that may work very well for you.

Julie
Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Mark,
I think Markku is in Sweden which limits his resources for not only information but parts as well.

Wasn't there someone else on OSO with the same boat with sterlings in it. Classified was painted accross the deck or something. Maybe we could get some help for Markku from this gentleman.

Cougarman
Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cougarman
I think Markku is in Sweden which limits his resources for not only information but parts as well.

Wasn't there someone else on OSO with the same boat with sterlings in it. Classified was painted accross the deck or something. Maybe we could get some help for Markku from this gentleman.

Cougarman
Yes Cougarman i have the same boat as the CLASSIFIED

Quick Reply: A BIG PROBLEM not planning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.