Help with powerquest >

Help with powerquest

Notices

Help with powerquest

Old 09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with powerquest

Just bought a PQ 257 502 mag mpi wondering if anyone has had any experience with what works good with them. ive tryed a rev 4 24 and a 23 mirage plus. just wondering if there is anything better out there i should try thanks. by the way im looking for top speed.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

What kind of rpm and speed did you get with those propeller? Also, were the propellers truely box stock?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good experience with Hydromotive. Currently on My Powerquest 270 Laser, I am running a 24 Pitch cupped hydromotive 4 blade. I also am running on an IMCO 2" shorty which I gained about all the way around the power band.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Registered

I am spining the mirage plus at 4950 and the rev at about 4800 i like everything about the rev 4 but the top speed but it was a 24 i have yet to try a smaller rev 4 or a bravo 1 to see what thay would be like. and by the way does anyone know of a good way to try out props without buying them i starting to feel the pinch buying all of these just to try them one time to see if thay work out for me. anyhow thanks guys for the help
Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by strickland.patrick
I am spining the mirage plus at 4950 and the rev at about 4800 i like everything about the rev 4 but the top speed but it was a 24 i have yet to try a smaller rev 4 or a bravo 1 to see what thay would be like. and by the way does anyone know of a good way to try out props without buying them i starting to feel the pinch buying all of these just to try them one time to see if thay work out for me. anyhow thanks guys for the help
Call Tom at Hydromotive. He will ask you some questions and get you dialed in with the best prop for your setup. He has never proven wrong whenever he has set me up with one of his props for any of my past configurations. Tell him PK with the Power Quest from Whiskey Island told you to call him.
http://www.hydromotive.com/
Old 09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered

Whiskey Island huh as is cargil salt as in lake erie i used to live in cleveland on the west side and my dad worked at cargil on whiskey island. anyhow what motor are you running in the 270 and did the shortie help alot as far as speed and how about time to plain anyhow thanks for all the help
Old 09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We have a complete test program with no strings attached if you are interested. We have the complete line of Rev 4's, Bravo 1's and Mirage Plus propellers to name a few.

Brett
Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Whiskey Island huh as is cargil salt as in lake erie i used to live in cleveland on the west side and my dad worked at cargil on whiskey island. anyhow what motor are you running in the 270 and did the shortie help alot as far as speed and how about time to plain anyhow thanks for all the help
Hmmm, not sure but maybe it was at one point. Whiskey Island is marina with around 230 dock slips. http://www.whiskeyislandmarina.com/about-us.htm . I have a built 454 in my 270 with around 550hp. The shorty actually helped A LOT! Top speed before the shorty was 65MPH GPS and after was 69.6 GPS. Overall it made a big improvement all over the rpms, PLUS made the boat lot more stable. I can cruise at 4000rpms around 55mph all day comfortable. Getting on plane isn't that big of a challenge, though I do have to use a lot of tab to make it more efficient. (Around 7 unit on the indicator). I was told that Power Quest has their drives mounted way to low. BTW, I never needed to change my prop after the IMCO shorty.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

Just bought a PQ 257 502 mag mpi wondering if anyone has had any experience with what works good with them. ive tryed a rev 4 24 and a 23 mirage plus. just wondering if there is anything better out there i should try thanks. by the way im looking for top speed.
Did you buy the boat from someone local ? I think I know the boat..
Old 09-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered

No i bought it in dubuque IA i have only had it for a couple weeks. anyhow was the 69 mph with the built 454 i guess and my trouble is that im not running tabs boat plains out so easy no real need for them yet. thanks for all the help guys.

p.s. bblades what is the deal with your prop program cost and stuff like that thanks.