Pachanga 22 Best prop with 600+horses >

Pachanga 22 Best prop with 600+horses

Notices

Pachanga 22 Best prop with 600+horses

Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pachanga 22 Best prop with 600+horses

Hoping maybe throttleup or BBlades or any others here has had some experience with these old classics!

I wish I had alot of data. Guess I am sortta at a starting point. Last season ran what turned out to be a labbed(cupped) 30 Bravo. Don't have the specs. Could run it out and only minor chinewalking ,instability problems. At the end of the season just slightly buggered it up so had it refinished. Could run out at least 5200 with a strong bit but no GPS.

This season I have lost all bowlift. Asked about the prop and it was finished back to stock specs. Even if I overtrim the bow stays planted. Anything from the low 70's I start getting uncomfortable chinewalking.(My gimble might have been a tad loose) 5200...75or so...best speed 78@5500 trimmed too high. Last year there was no question I was running better speeds/RPM's from the factory speedo.

I have been told the best route is probably a hydromotive 5 blade. I would love some expert insight! I know a guy(ex company owner I worked with) who got one running close to 90 with probably slightly less power. I believe my X dimension is higher as I went from a Alpha to a Bravo. But I am sure he probably ran a shortie. It's been 10 years and he doesn't remember. :-( He kept his stable up to the high 80's and said any more was risky business. Did always make the comment cavitation was the problem going further than 90.

Am I barking up the wrong tree or can I get my boat to run stable around the 90mph range? If not what can I expect and what should I try? I know anything can be pushed past it's limits. My friend knows someone who pushed one around triple digits with enough power.LOL That's not for me!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I've worked on many Pachanga's over the years. We always got the best top end speeds with tweaked Mirage propelllers.

Your slip number is high and most likely due to the 4 blade propeller and the possible over trimming to gain speed.

I think the cup reduction done with the repair needs to be re-installed to carry the boat better reduce the slip.

I wouldn't suggest the Hydro 5 blade for top speed. It will help in the cruise speed area. Because the slip is high on the top end, you may actually gain 1-2 @WOT. A adjusted 3 blade propeller will most likely still give the best top speed.