Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Bblades labbing results >

Bblades labbing results

Notices

Bblades labbing results

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I had Brett do a set of props for me and he nailed exactly the changes I requested. I referred him to 2 other guys on my dock that used his service and they too were tickled pink with the results.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Thank you all so much. These comments really make a guy feel good and let us know our customers appriciate what we do. Not to mention you can't buy this kind of advertising! Thank you very much.

Brett
Old 04-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Have any of you guys actually tested your MID RANGE CRUSING SPEEDS with these labbed props???

I'd like to know about any gains or losses in the midrange cruising speeds on these lab finished props. For example, should I pretty much assume that if you gain let's say 5mph on the top end that you could safely assume lossing 5mph in the midrange cruising speeds or no??? Thanks
Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't say I've tested my mid range cruising speed, but the midrage acceleration is MUCH better. I only gained a little on the top end, but overall performance is a big improvement. The stock propeller feels slugish with no pull.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Thank you all so much. These comments really make a guy feel good and let us know our customers appriciate what we do. Not to mention you can't buy this kind of advertising! Thank you very much.

Brett
Brett, I'd sure like to join your bandwagon if possible!!

anxious 2 try the 5 blade and the 34 you're sending me this week.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Registered

Hey Brett, get well soon so you can call me back !
Old 04-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Registered

Kaama

I did check the midrange speed of the 5 blade that I had labbed. I did lose a little (2-3 mph) midrange, but the prop handles so much better.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was told the by Brett that midrange cruisng actually goes down wth the labbing process ,
Old 04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Labbing has so many different processes today that low, mid, and top speeds can be effected depending on the goals.

The old original Lab process as developed at Mercury 30 years ago was about one thing and one thing only...........top speed. We actually kept it that for many years. into the late 90's actually. Now we know more and adjust for the consumers ultimate goals. We can Lab a prop just for mid range cruise speeds but the throttle response and top end will be slightly compromised. Just top end speeds can require more slip and in turn hurt cruise a bit. If a guy want the best of all worlds, the gains will be slight across the board.

You have to look at the big picture when deciding the ultimate goals. If cruise numbers are your goal, concider more blades with a conservative Lab. Just speed, decrease blade numbers and figure how to get it hooked up. 4 blades are usually the best give and take.

To me, Labbing is about silky smooth acceleration, throttle response, a few more on the top end.

We aim to please! Accurate info and your ultimate goals are key.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Just dropped mine off Monday for a tune, thanks Brett hope they work when you're done (Look Mom, no snow )

Quick Reply: Bblades labbing results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.