Prop Help !!!! >

Prop Help !!!!

Notices

Prop Help !!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Help !!!!

I have a 250 ES Baja with a mild 468 and currently have a three blade Quicksilver 15.25 diameter 19 pitch prop on it. I have been wanting to switch to a four or five blade prop for a little better hole shot and midrange performance. It does fine cruising but pulling tubers or skiers its just not there. I have received a million opinions on what size prop to go to with but no one that has run the recommendations. I was hoping someone on here might have some personal experience. Since most of the props are smaller in diameter I can’t find a simple swap and the props are too expensive to buy one hoping for the best. Does anyone have the same boat or have gone from the larger diameter prop to a smaller diameter prop ????? Any advice would be really appreciated !!!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what wot rpm with the 19P, is it a mirage+, how is the mid range rpm, give us a little more info: and we can give suggestions. I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.
Larry
Old 06-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Default Info

Larry,

Thanks for the reply !!!! The WOT works out most of the time around 4700 give or take a few RPM which is the the original motors limits. The motor in it now will take a little more but I am happy with the top end. 99.9% of the time I have the family onboard and dont do a lot of WOT driving and I do have a another prop for days I get to play. The mid range is great with the 19 prop and really the only thing I am trying to change is the watersport end of it with tubers and skiers. That is why I was thinking of a four or five blade for the quicker plain when pulling at low speeds. I would like to keep the mid range if possible and if I lose A LITTLE top end thats ok.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

It is a not a Mirage +
Old 06-08-2008, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bell407
Larry,

Thanks for the reply !!!! The WOT works out most of the time around 4700 give or take a few RPM which is the the original motors limits. The motor in it now will take a little more but I am happy with the top end. 99.9% of the time I have the family onboard and dont do a lot of WOT driving and I do have a another prop for days I get to play. The mid range is great with the 19 prop and really the only thing I am trying to change is the watersport end of it with tubers and skiers. That is why I was thinking of a four or five blade for the quicker plain when pulling at low speeds. I would like to keep the mid range if possible and if I lose A LITTLE top end thats ok.
with what you are looking to do with your boat, I would look for a rev4 in the same pitch, and try it out if possible,will cost you top end most likely, but should pick up on hole shot and improve midrange cruise, will also carry boat better at low speeds for playing, 5 blade is not going to be worth the cost.
the rev4 is a great prop right out of the box and should not need any reworking. I's sure other will chime in with there thoughts also.
Larry
Old 06-08-2008, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

could help but notice the name, bell407, you a pilot? A&P?
larry
Old 06-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advise thats probaly what I will do unless someone chimes in that has a similar set up.... I was looking at the Rev 4 and it is pricey and thats why I decided to check around before I cut loose with a small fourtune....

I am not a A/P just a commercial rating with a ton of time in the 407 and the UH1, UH58, 500D /E/ N/ C, 206 J-R / L-R , 212 and a few others... You a pilot ???
Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I like the Rev 4 idea. I would go down to a 17 pitch for the low end pulling power since you do have room to grow on the top. We have these to test with if your interested.

By the way, I've been federally licensed A&P since 1985. Obviously, I don't use it anymore.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered

Default 17 P

Thanks for the reply, you mentioned you have them to test ?? How much and what do I have to do get one ? I am assuing if the pitch wokrs out I could just pay it and keep it and if not I could trade up to a 19 or something ???

Its small world, there arent to many A&P's or pilots and they all seem to gravity to the same type of hobbies.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We charge $25 to test a propeller and we give you 15 days. Yes you can keep it if you like.

Call us and we'll set it up.

Quick Reply: Prop Help !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.