Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Switching prop rotation..... >

Switching prop rotation.....

Notices

Switching prop rotation.....

Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I ran the P5X LH this weekend while over at Emerald Coast. Like some said, I had a bit of starboard list, but went away above 40 mph, very controlable with the tabs. I definetly felt a big difference in the mid range, & had absouletly no "blow-out" if I tried to get on plane too quickly. It helped with the porpoising to some degree, but I did notice that I was able to trim the drive without it increasing the porpoising (which it did with the Bravo). I spoke with Todd over at Hydromotive this morning, & after I get him some top-end numbers, I may opt to a lower pitch of 23. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend & I can go run it out.

I appreciate all the input on this...Oh, & the cable swap was easy, once I realized that the clip on the end of the cable had to be turned 180 so it will hook on the anchor point at the shifter....Funny how those things work out after you find yourself shouting several 4 letter words over & over.....