Throttle Up props >

Throttle Up props

Notices

Throttle Up props

Old 09-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
I guess that's why they say competition is a good thing........ it gives everyone the ability to find what works for them!

Joe
nicely put, Joe.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I think both are great. I too know someone that lost speed with bblades. Even the best can't be perfect every time. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to use Brett. I also have had props done by throttle up and they did more than they promised and delivered a great job for me.
I am just wondering if the new cnc props might work better than a bravo 1 labbed. I am also curious as to cost. And what gives the best combo of top end and efficient cruise rpm's, 4,5, or 6 blades.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CNC'd wheels are really the cat's ass, but who can afford to gamble on them? Julie was going to make a set for me, but no guarantees & no returns if I didn't like them. Plus it isn't just like you can send them back & have them re-worked like labbed wheels. My understanding is you get to have a new set built.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Funny, I have a new set of Throttle Up CNC 5 blades for my Comp ZR, and Julie has been willing to do what ever it takes to make me happy. Funny thing though, she hit it right on the first time!!!!! Thumbs up to throttle Up!!!!!!

BBlades is currently having a challange with a buddy's 2005 38 Lightining w/525's. That seems like a simple set up to me, but I am no expert.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

I'm new to this site and have just been reading and taking it all in and I know everyone has there preference and what works for them, I have a 35 fountain with t-502 stock, when it was tested at fountain on its maiden voyage it ran 75 at 5,000 and it has never changed, a friend was telling me about Harring props and yes very expensive 1300 a piece for a 26 4 blade but when I put them on I was asked to call after its run, and I did I told them that I gained about 2 mile an hour He then said to send them back and they did something to the prop's to give more bow lift, When they were tried the 2nd time I noticed that the bow had quite a bit more lift which turned into 7 mph on gps so I think it was worth it and it gave the boat a hole new attitude and if anything ever happens I'll order another one as soon as I quit crying over the one I damaged.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Has anyone switched from B1's to Julies cnc props? I have a 38' sonic spinning stock 26"B1's 4600-4700 rpm's @ 67mph gps in flat water 3/4 tank gas. I am planning on labbing to pick up a couple hundred rpm's and hopefully a little speed.
Then I was wondering about Throttle Ups new props. Whats the best top end prop, 4, 5, or 6 blades and how do they compare to B1 performance? What do they cost?

so basically noone has any real insight on the initial question!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Normally I'd stay away from this kind of thread but.....

markt111, in any and every boat application, drag slows you down. Wheter it is a pitot tube or gear case depth, wetted surface area or BLADE AREA, drag is drag. Cutting to the chase, less blades in the water will make you go faster. A 3 blade is faster than a 4 blade. A 4 blade is faster than a 5 blade. Period. Oh yeah, there is one other most important factor................ This proven therory can only prove itself if the propeller with the lesser blades can hook up, remain hooked up, and carry the boat at the best attitude for the boat it is attached to. Therein lies the issue and the balancing act. A 50' Mystic with a ultra high X dimention won't hit a buck 50 with a Mirage +. But, a 30' Outlaw won't breach 70 mph with twin 525 and 6 blades bolted to the back. Boat personality limits propeller selection. Determine your ultimate goal when choosing propellers.

Point is markt111, you have a 9.78% slip number with 4 blade props. My (excuse me) educated guess is that going to more blades will not increase your top end. It very likely will help the low to mid numbers. Now, if you do go to more blades, a decrease in slip will come into play but with the current number you have, the additional drag from additional blades will hurt you. Next, factor in the boat design you have which doesn't love stern lifting props and it will direct you right back to 4 blades.

joe,organized etc., I didn't realaize that this was a competition. I thought there were options like McD's, Wendys and Burger King. However, after 12 years at Mercury Racing, I'm very familiar with competition. We have been winning and coming in the first loser on the race, poker run and KILO courses for years. Some of the fastest propellers we have seen are the most untrue props we have seen. I've said it a bundle of times, Every identical application is different. Bill Seebold once sent Dennis and I a prop for his tunnel boat. He said it was the fastest prop ever. It was so out of wack that none of the blades matched. CNC'd props definately have their place but minute intricate tweaks require hands, not buttons. Matching that prop by hand was quicker, cheaper and much easier than reverse engineering it (like some have and are doing) to write a program and cut it on a CNC machine. In fact, it couldn't be done (for various reasons) and certainly wouldn't be cost effective.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
joe,organized etc., I didn't realaize that this was a competition. I thought there were options like McD's, Wendys and Burger King.
hahahahaha.... LOL ---------- Sorry, I was trying to make a point, and I do believe most everyone reading understood it... but, since you've tee'd it up, I'm hitting this one over the fence ------------

Sorry for the disagreement, but, I prefer filet mignon's over McD's, Wendy's and the like!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

LOL That is funny.

I should have referenced 5 star bisto's.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry, Brett.... that one was just too easy to pass up! Glad you took it in the right context.........

All the best,

Joe

Quick Reply: Throttle Up props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.