Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
best prop performance for 29 fever ??? >

best prop performance for 29 fever ???

Notices

best prop performance for 29 fever ???

Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best prop performance for 29 fever ???

right now i have HYDROMOTIVE 4 BLADE INTIMIDATOR 26P SS PROPS. are these good props for a 29 fever with 454 mpi with a total of 770hp? bravo one drives as well.
are there better props for better max speed?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Registered

i dont know how about you but i hafe my first fountain fever with 600SCI and a 30p bravo, but this is horribbel no holeschot and allot slip on midrange how about you?

i thinking of buying a Maximus
Old 02-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

well i think my hydromotive 4 blade props might be to big because it gets on plane fine but i think it just get there faster. also my rpms are topping out at about 4500-4600.

so im gonna put my laser 2 props with 23p on them and see how they perform then ill post that info up as well.

im sure the boat with get on plane faster and go faster as well. right now its great at 4500 rpm. flying in the water and smooth. but my scarab has the laser 2's on it and it gets on plane so fast without trim tabs and blows the fountain away until the long run.

so looks like i have an experiment to perform
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Your Hydro Q4's are about 2" to much pitch. You want to spin your engines to 5000rpms. I think the Q4's are the right prop, just too much pitch on yours. You could also have them labbed.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:40 PM

I had a 98 Fever same as yours but with a HP500. Came with a 26 Left Hand QIV. If your making 770HP, then something is wrong.

Should be able to handle more pitch. Since that was a what Fountain called a Bravo Performance drive, not an XR, I don't think you can go to 5 bladed Maximus unless your really careful. That boat is great for coming out of the water and jumping wakes, the bite of a 5 blade on re-entry might hurt the drive...not to mention the HP.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

thanks for the info all. i wasnt planning on going to 5 blade props but maybe down to 3 blade laser 2 props just to see how it perorms since i have them here on my scarab.

tarheel, what do u mean "if im making 770hp something is wrong"
Old 02-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Bill....I think its a 2 motor boat. 770 hp total. He did say drives, and props. Come on Summer
Old 02-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

here are the specs on my boat. maybe someone will want to buy it

ONLY 141 HOURS ON THE BOAT. 74+ MPH TOP SPEED.
STEPPED HULL.
TWIN ENGINE SETUP.
TOTAL OF 770 HP.
HYDROMOTIVE 4 BLADE INTIMIDATOR 26P SS PROPS.
LATHAM HYDRAULIC STEERING.
COCKPIT CARPET.

The hull is extremely shiny especially the bottom and the top. Exterior of the boat probably looks like the day it left the Fountain factory. This boat was never left in the water for more than a day. The condition of the outdrives, props and hydraulic steering hardware are extremely good. Exterior upholstery is also in good shape for the exception of some discoloration on the purple trim. There is a very nice size sunpad on this Fountain. Both electric bolster seats look great and they work fine. Cockpit carpet is in good shape and it adds a lot of color to the cockpit. The plastic windshield has some suncracks inside and this is perfectly normal on a 10 year old boat. The windshield tint on the inside of the screen is also peeling a little at some corners. Some of the Gaffrig gauges are a little foggy and the steering wheel has sun marks on it. A matching purple Gaffrig Steering wheel would look very nice on this dash. There are lots of storage comparments all around the cockpit and all aircraft style latches work very good. There is also a small glovebox compartment next to the passenger seat for cellphones etc...

This boat is very fast and agile and it has extreme handling thanks to its high performance stepped hull. Boat has a lot of power compare to its size and weight. This boat also has a single engine version, but having twin engine setup is much better. Top speed is around 74 + MPH and it rides extremely stable at that speed. It planes in approx 4.6 seconds. Boat cruises at 3500 RPM at 52 MPH. This boat has a really advanced bottom design. Helm is also very well laid out and you have all the important controls at your finger tips. Compression is perfect on both motors and engine room looks good. The overall length of the boat is 29 feet. Has a beam of 96 inches and weighs a substantial 5,500 pounds. With the drives in the down position you will need approx 32 inches of water to clear the Hydromotive 4-blade performance stainless steel propellers.

Overall, everything looks good on this boat. Interior looks very good and its very clean. Headliner and interior upholstery looks very good. There is a bleach mark on the interior carpet at the step of the cabin entryway. There is a very nice sleeping area in the cabin along with a sink, built in cooler and lots of storage and cup holders. Tube lighting looks incredible at night and makes this area very attractive for overnight trips. There is also a porta potti in the cabin under the u-shaped seating at the center.

MERCRUISER MAG MPI 385 HP MOTORS
BRAVO 1 DRIVES
CORSA EXHAUST QUICK& QUITE (Not Working)
UP/DOWN ELECTRIC BOLSTER SEATS
ELECTRIC ENGINE HATCH
REAR SUNPAD WITH LOGO
LATHAM HYDRAULIC STEERING ( HEAVY DUTY)
K-PLANES WITH INDICATORS
HYDROMOTIVE INTIMIDATOR HI PERFORMANCE 4 BLADE SS PROPELLER
SHORE POWER WITH BATTERY CHARGER
COCKPIT CARPET
FIRE EXTINGUISHING SYSTEM
FUME DETECTOR
GAFFRIG DEPTH FINDER
AZIMUTH 1000 ELECTRONICS COMPASS
LIVORSI COLORED INSTRUMENT PANEL
GAFFRIG LIQUID FILLED 80 MPH SPEEDOMETER
CUSTOM STEERING WHEEL
KENWOOD CD STEREO SYSTEM
FRESH WATER SYSTE
PORTA POTTI
ENGINE FLUSH KIT
BRAND NEW FULL BOAT COVER
Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sake
i dont know how about you but i hafe my first fountain fever with 600SCI and a 30p bravo, but this is horribbel no holeschot and allot slip on midrange how about you?

i thinking of buying a Maximus
If you have a newer 29, start with a 28" Bravo. I had a 525 powered (2003) that came with a 28 Bravo. I switched to a 26 Bravo and stuck with that prop 90% of the time. Later I pumped up the engine to about 600hp and tested a 30 Bravo, 30 Hydro and a 26 Maximus. The 30 Bravo behaved the same as other Bravos. Maximus had a fast cruise of 63.5 and got the boat up real quick. But that's a big wheel. If you go with one, it will need a diameter reduction as that is too much stress on a Bravo outdrive. Talk to BBlades about that. I never finished my prop testing as I sold the boat last year.

The late model Fountains (02 and later) are not setup for Hydros. I was able to get mine to plane out and run high speeds, but the prop blows out until 55 mph and the boat is loose on that prop. That would be a calm water top speed wheel only and it will still need work.

I would start with a 28 Bravo for now. A 26 Maximus could work but will need labbing and some patience.

Good luck!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

I agree with Griff. Try 24" Hydros. Top speed might not change that much, but you'll get there quicker.

Quick Reply: best prop performance for 29 fever ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.