Notices

Herrings

Old 07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
I had to buy them to try them there for sale not for try ! If your looking for a miracle to make your boat go fast waste someone elses time . soon these props are going on ebay at these prices I will reach 20 times more people they will sell. If i needed the money I would of gave them away already

I asked a question, you gave an answer. Not trying to stir up anything here, but you obviously would like to have them go away. No reason to jump on Knot-Right.

I have in fact sent others sets off with the comment if they work out pay me, if not send them back in the same condition and cover the UPS. Actually sent a set to a Canadian last summer, he drove across the border and paid me he was so happy. There really are some decent people left in this world, I have never been burned by anyone here on OSO, and I've sent props off to guys three times in the last year.

There is not that much difference between new from Hering and what you want, they do have options that make up the diff. If you were to put up pics and all the info on these it might make it easier to contact Hering and determine if your props would work. What you've got ain't nothing special, they make them every day. Change your mind, E-Bay doesn't work out, let me know.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-15-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice try
Old 07-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Well what is that supposed to mean?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered

Default 6 blade

i have a pretty basic/older set up and not much power ( #5 drives w/700hp 2x)
at first i was reluctant to try 5 blades so i went with 3 and 4 blades but i recently tried a set of 5 blade herrings and surprisingly got the best results out of all the props i tried.
so i am curious what the 6 blades would be like compared to the 5 blade. i turned 17x26 5 blade herrings at about 5200 RPM.
any suggestions? would i be able to turn a 30 pitch 6 blade?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by magcig29
at first i was reluctant to try 5 blades so i went with 3 and 4 blades but i recently tried a set of 5 blade herrings and surprisingly got the best results out of all the props i tried.
so i am curious what the 6 blades would be like compared to the 5 blade. i turned 17x26 5 blade herrings at about 5200 RPM.
these props I have are xr prop shaft style I think no.5s are different call Julie or Brent they would know better
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well what is that supposed to mean?
You guys must have a short memory. Remember who your dealing with.
BULL**** there you go again ILL SHOW FAST lets take your 35 out in some 4 footers an then pic you teeth up of the floor why do most FOUNTAIN Get mouldy carpet, in the cabin? DID YOU KNOW REGGIE DONT EVEN LAY UP HIS OWN RACE BOATS THANK YOU SKATERSKATER
Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

I had to buy them to try them there for sale not for try ! If your looking for a miracle to make your boat go fast waste someone elses time . soon these props are going on ebay at these prices I will reach 20 times more people they will sell. If i needed the money I would of gave them away already
No problem bro! The way you replied thought you had a good story to tell. Thats all man.

Not looking for Miracles for my boat bro

Good luck on the sale.

KR
Old 07-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will get more $$$ on OSO then at the garage sale EBAY , have bought and sold props on OSO and tried them and send the dough seems like the norm ...if you buy from Jules ,hering,or Brett they will work with you after the sale to make sure your where you have to be ...
Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by magcig29
anyway my 6blade herrings are 29 pitch 15 1/4 ish in diameter with a diffuser ring the 30,s are 5 blades same diameter with diffuser ring they are new test time only the 31,s same diameter no diffuser ring the are nice used props My boat seams to like p5x,s Im running 30,s and 31,s slip is 11%with 30 p5x and 7% with 29 herrings same speed The 31 p5xs are a little hard getting on plain in rough water so I only run them in flat water I have hit 100 mph with the 31 p5x,s the Herrings worked best chopy water the boat ran flat I did notice the difference with cnced props the engines even sounded smoother they also got me on plain easier.My freind has 32 sunsation he runs 30 p5x,s we tried the 30 herrings and it was Hard to get it on plain 2mph slower so also run 29 six herrings 0n 07 39 cig with staggered 525,s 86.6 touching the limiter hopfully this could help someone

Last edited by crayolacrazy; 07-21-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
You will get more $$$ on OSO then at the garage sale EBAY , have bought and sold props on OSO and tried them and send the dough seems like the norm ...if you buy from Jules ,hering,or Brett they will work with you after the sale to make sure your where you have to be ...
I did buy all these off OSO never even expected anyone to let me try them first thats why I have so many set it really dont even matter if they sell I allways watch the classified and havent seen to mutch of this stuff lately so I posted them My boat dont like herrings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.