Powertech OFX Propellor

Notices

Powertech OFX Propellor

Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
I've run the PowerTech OFX on several heavy old V- bottoms. In testing back to back (same pitch) with the Merc Bravo One, I've found the PowerTech to be up to 2.5 mph faster on top end over the Merc. The Merc did out perform the PT at mid range cruise.

All told, I've been extremely impressed with PowerTech propellers. I feel they are about the most efficient box stock prop on the market today. They are very reasonably priced and more often than not, out perform props two to three times the price.

I had just ordered a set of 28 PT's, hope to get them tomorrow. I'll post the results.

Kurt
Thanks for the information. Mine is a small 25' light 3700 lb single engine Nordic Rage stepped V bottom hull running in the low to md 80's at 5600 - 5800 rpm with a heavily labbed Bravo 28. It was suggested that if I could not make my boat porpouse by trimming out with the current prop (I can not) that more bow lift might improve top end speed. The Protech OFX was proposed for max bow lift. I am trying to learn more about this claim.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by zoobchop
I have a PT 23p Right that is perfect. Don't need it. Have you considered Hydromotive? They offer bow lifting props also, They end with "X" very hard to find used. I am assuming you want a bow-lifter??

Ive tried a half dozen props and came back to a Mirage Plus.

Zoob
Please read the history I just posted explaining why I am asking about the Powertech OFX prop. I may or may not need a bow lifting prop. I do not know at this point. If I do not I will stick with a Bravo. The Powertech OFX is appealing to me for a number of reasons...it comes in one inch pitch increments, they offer an exchange (for a fee) if the pitch is not right and the price. I believe Hydromotive's are pricier. One down side for me is that 28 is the max pitch available and I may need more. TBD with future dyno test.

At this point in time all I am trying to do is find history / experience on the Powertech OFX versus Bravo prop on a similar rig as mine. So far no luck in that regard.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
I do not carry the Powertech line although they have tried to recruit us as dealers.
B
Brett,

Your post #71 on this thread is why I thought that you were a Powertech dealer... at least this time last year.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...ropellers.html

Thanks again for your comments.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

-Rage, I got a bit confused with PowerTech prop designations. Sorry but I have NOT yet run the OFX series PowerTech prop.

I have had great sucess with their OFS series prop on heavy older straight bottom boats. I'm currently running the OFS on my Top Gun

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 08-18-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

I recieved a set of PowerTech 4 blade OFX 28's and a single 3 blade 24 OFX today. Thought I'd share a few pics as they are a very interesting design.
The round ear prop is the PowerTech OFS.

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails Powertech OFX Propellor-powertech-props-081809-002.jpg   Powertech OFX Propellor-powertech-props-081809-004.jpg   Powertech OFX Propellor-powertech-props-081809-006.jpg  

Powertech OFX Propellor-powertech-props-081809-005.jpg   Powertech OFX Propellor-powertech-props-081809-003.jpg  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Rage,

We were aproached to sell the product and we would have if people were interested. However, we never recieved any requests for them. Also, their product was lack luster in my opinion. That being said, I feel they have come a long way recently. They are working with a number of other manufacturers and produce castings for many groups. This operation has, I'm sure, taught them a great deal. As I have said before, they make a good product. We just feel some of the other products we sell are as good and in most cases better. Every identical application is different. Therefore, on any given day, Hering, Mercury, TU, PT, Turbo or hopefully BBLADES own castings will give the best numbers. Untill then we will continue offer the best services we can.

Brett
Old 08-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I recieved a set of PowerTech 4 blade OFX 28's and a single 3 blade 24 OFX today. Thought I'd share a few pics as they are a very interesting design.
The round ear prop is the PowerTech OFS.

Kurt
Biggus did you get the OFX for the boat you're currently running the OFS props on? Just curious what the difference in speed and handling was between the OFS and OFX.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Biggus did you get the OFX for the boat you're currently running the OFS props on? Just curious what the difference in speed and handling was between the OFS and OFX.
-No, the OFX's are not for my Cig. I'd try them but they were fitted with 1" hubs. (I'm running Konrad drives, 1.25" shafts)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

-No, the OFX's are not for my Cig. I'd try them but they were fitted with 1" hubs. (I'm running Konrad drives, 1.25" shafts)
Kurt,

What boat are the set of OFX4 28's for and the OFX3 24?

Last edited by Rage; 08-21-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Got ya, well please let us know your opinion on the OFX props. I have to say this prop has my attention!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.