Deep TRS's 4 blades and good?

Notices

Deep TRS's 4 blades and good?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Deep TRS's 4 blades and good?

I have a 86 Baja 320 Force, 400's with TRS, I run standard Mirage 23P now, I have seen a best of 65mph at 5000 on GPS, it definently needs more bow lift and I know Mirage Plus's are better for that, but is there a 4 blad that I could try to get more cruise and similar top end? I know top end will be most likely best with a 3 blade, but I also heard that some 4 blades may equal same top end while lifting bow and get more cruise, I average 44 mph at 3500 right now, I would love a better cruise since I spend alot of time there.

I do not have alot of other 320's to compare with as most have went to bravo, or have 32 Calibers with same hull but again, Bravo boats..

I tried drives spinning in and had pretty much same results but horrible driveability in rough water, I am on Lake Erie and like runnign in the rough stuff so I like drives spinning out, at least for now!

If the boat is a 65 mph boat I am fine with that just want to make sure I have best all around performance..
Old 08-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Try a 23p revolution 4 blade. love them on TRS boats.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Try a 23p revolution 4 blade. love them on TRS boats.
So, in a 4 blade I would want to stick with same pitch?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
So, in a 4 blade I would want to stick with same pitch?

Just reread your post, thought you were running the 23p mirage PLUS props right now. Maybe a 21p might work better in the Revolution prop to keep your rpm where it is. I'd ask Brett from bblades. He also has a prop demo program.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Just reread your post, thought you were running the 23p mirage PLUS props right now. Maybe a 21p might work better in the Revolution prop to keep your rpm where it is. I'd ask Brett from bblades. He also has a prop demo program.
will do, thanks.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

OK, tried the Hydromotive 4 blades yesterday, 23 pitch, I was very surprised at results...

3500= 49 mph cruise
4600-4700 =62 mph

The lake was flat, I bet it would hit 64-65 with 3-4 footers as this boat runs best there, I do still have bottom paint on the boat that I hope to remove this winter since I finally found rack storage, I was always told it slows you done 1-2 mph, then yesterday had a friend tell me when he had to put it on his Formula he lost an honest 5 mph, boat drove great with the 4 blades, I really like them, I now wonder to get rpm up should I have these worked or go with a tad smaller pitch?

Again, I was amazed at results, I did not think it would break 57-58 with a 4 blade, I was wrong..
Old 08-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would remove the bottom paint first and then baseline the props you have. Next step from there is contact BBlades or Throttle Up to have them reworked since you seem so happy with them.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by laster
I would remove the bottom paint first and then baseline the props you have. Next step from there is contact BBlades or Throttle Up to have them reworked since you seem so happy with them.
Yea, even with the bottom paint I wanted to see if it had more, it did, I dd not have racking available till now so now I can remove the crappy paint..

I think if I work these props it will be sweet, I was just out agin playing with some timing also and saw 63 in flatter water then yesterday, hopefully with some chop it will get better yet, I am on Erie and the lake is amazingly flat this weekend, normally it is tore up...