30' Sutphen Prop Help

Notices

30' Sutphen Prop Help

Old 08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30' Sutphen Prop Help

I have a 30' Sutphen Ocean Pacer with TRS drives. I am currently running 32" Bravo 1 props. I see 50 mph at 3000 rpm, 62ish at 3500 rpm. No idea on WOT because the boat gets too loose and requires a lot of tab at higher speeds. There is plenty of throttle left. The rev limiter is set at 5400 rpm. It makes peak HP at 5700 rpm. I don't recall the torque curve off hand.

I have only put a couple hours on the boat with these motors so far and the shop put a couple hours on it yesterday. The shop recommended putting 30" B1's on because they said I'll probably never run it to WOT anyway with the way it rides at speed and I would have better acceleration. The boat is very stern heavy.

Is there a better prop for this boat that will keep a little more of the boat in the water without so much tab? Another wild card is that I have a pair of Konrad drives to be installed later this year.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered

whats up robert, if u have a new set up going on i wouldnt spend money on props
Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go borrow the props off that yellow Baja that never moves... It'd take him til next Spring to notice.

If either of you are down over the weekend could you please put my lift up and unplug it?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just looking for a little insight. I plan to run what I have for now until I know more where I am. Business is slow right now and it's cheaper to let those Konrads sit in the box. They are approximately 2" shorter and that may help.

I won't be down this weekend. I think Seltzer moved. All I see is gravel.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jammin'
Just looking for a little insight. I plan to run what I have for now until I know more where I am. Business is slow right now and it's cheaper to let those Konrads sit in the box. They are approximately 2" shorter and that may help.

I won't be down this weekend. I think Seltzer moved. All I see is gravel.
1.6" shorter

Mike is the one with all gravel; Seltzer is the tall goofy guy up past me with the hot blond wife that wants me. He runs one of them thar' kitty cat boats. Mike has the Baja, the CC and the Bass boat and is across from the boat ramp.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm easily confused.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
1.6" shorter

Mike is the one with all gravel; Seltzer is the tall goofy guy up past me with the hot blond wife that wants me. .
Your kidding right????I think Seltzer gives her all the problems she can handle right now. Wants you thats pretty funny....... besides why would she want somone 1.6" shorter

Last edited by Beak Boater; 08-27-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
1.6" shorter

Mike is the one with all gravel; Seltzer is the tall goofy guy up past me with the hot blond wife that wants me. He runs one of them thar' kitty cat boats. Mike has the Baja, the CC and the Bass boat and is across from the boat ramp.
Goofy sexy