Bravo 3 Props worth modding? >

Bravo 3 Props worth modding?

Notices

Bravo 3 Props worth modding?

Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 3 Props worth modding?

I have a '07 Cobalt 252 with the 496 Mag. It uses 24p Bravo 3 props. 15 1/2" front and 14 1/4" rear.

I had a small piece of wood jam under by drive and now need some prop repair. Still runs but the prop ventilates when turning.

Anyways, since the prop has to go out to a shop, should I go ahead and have them massaged for better performance? By better performance I mean better overall performance. I don't want to give up pulling a child tuber for top end. I really just want more of what the Bravo 3 gives me.

Is it worth sending my props out to a shop like bblades for the repair and some mods?

Or just send it to a place like propmd.com for repair, polish, and balance?

I've also read about the Bravo 3 XR props? Are they a worthy alternative? Or will a labbed or modded prop do the same for less?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We have done many variations of mods on the standard 3x3 set up. The usual adjustments are fine tuning the pitch progression and adjusting the cups. The 3x3 set up is in its 3rd generation and it is the best so far. However, the cupping is crude and inaccurate. It is indeed done cold on a block with no measurements. We take it to the next level depending on your current performance numbers and goals. Some of the things we do is to create more acceleration or more reaction to trim.

The new XR series props were really designed for the retardation of cavitation burn problems. The other advantage is mid range cruise speeds. However, our modifications can most often beat the XR across the board.

Call us if you have any other questions.

Brett
Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

Brett,

I've reviewed your detail sheet off the website. I can fill in as much as I know but I'm not sure I trust the RPMs the gauge is giving me.

I will give you a call to discuss some budgetary pricing. I'm not really interested in gaining more of a specific thing but want as much as you can give me without sacrificing anything else? Your statement that a modified 3x3 typically beats a 4x3 XR accross the board is what I'm really after.

Dan

Last edited by bimmerboy318; 09-09-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I was very pleased with the work Brett did on my Bravo III 3x3 propset.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Registered

Knot,

Can you elaborate a little on the before and after differences?

Did you ask for an improvement in any specific area? Or just tell Brett to make it better?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Per your email.............

We want to know the current rpm and speed at WOT and at cruise speeds. Reaction to trim information is also important. This means how and where do you trim the boat for best performance and how does the boat react? Your primary usage and desired goal is also most important.

Discussing this on the phone is the best route. We get better info in a much shorter time. My time is, sorry to say, tight.

Let us know if we can help.

Brett