correct prop selection

Notices

correct prop selection

Old 01-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default correct prop selection

well here goes
i have a new boat bought late in the past yr did not get much water time in before it was time to pack it in for the winter
shes a 2005 26 ft lavey craft with a 496 ho
doing cmi headers over the winter and was wondering where i should be in size for a prop she came with a 4blade 22 pitch which i think is somewhat under size
will be trying a friends 24 and an others 26 4 blades in the spring
i like the stability of a 4 blade prop versus a 3 blade made a huge difference in my last sled
i asked this ? in the lavey forum and got a few answers now i am going to ask here
i was favoring somewhere in a 25 hydromotive but before i purchase wanted some info from the pros
regards Marc
Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Brett at BBlades. He is very helpful and knowledgable.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered

thanks flenner..... i have seen bblades comments and know that he is highly recomended
the forum is about those with more experience helping those like me with less
hopping that i wont need to make the long distance call but if i have to so be it
regards marc
Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered

It sounds like you are going right way. I belive that the 24 will work but the 26 should be close to what you are after. It depends on what alt, summer heat, loads .... I'm not sure how your boat will like a 5 blade. I run a 26p p5x on a Nordic Heat and these boats love them. Not all boat act the same. I do know that you would have to spin the 26p bravo pritty all most to the limiter to be able to spin the 25 hydro. You might be alittle closer to the 24 hydro. There are two types of 5 blade hydros one a stern lifting{p5} and a bow lifting{p5x}. I run the bow lifting prop.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

thanks dig it
i appreciate your comments
being here in the northwet coast........ grins ...the waters get a bit rough
i do pretty well all of my boating on a long narrow lake with lots of north,wind driven, afternoon sloppy chop a bow rising prop would probably suit my need more to keep the arse of the sled in the water and requiring less trim angle making the drive somewhat more efficient
i didnt realize that there was that much difference between the bravos and the hydromotive but it doesnt surprise me knowing tha the hydros are semi cleavers
i like my speed but pick my times when i run fast besides my old carcass doesnt like the kidney shots anymore and im not sold on anything yet just gathering info from those that know way more than i do before i make up my mind
regards Marc
Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

Default ye haw

we got my tub out on the lake yesterday for a test run after the header and other minor mods my mechanic installed over the winter
some minor adjustments still to make and she will be good to go
we tested with one of his props a labbed 25p mirage
over the winter i also purchased a 24p bravo1 and i am currently looking for a good labbed 26p bravo1
the water was quite rough and a nasty wind out of the north at about 20 but we hit 70 gps at 5000 rpm
im hoping i will see the same numbers with the bravo1 props or maybe even a wee bit more when i can get a labbed 26p B1
im still hopefull that someone on here has the same set up i do and can tell me what they run , dont relish the idea of having 6 different props laying around but all things being equal i have to put my time in just like everyone else

THANKS HUGE!!!!!!!!!