Compare/Contrast 23P Mirage vs. 22P Bravo I >

Compare/Contrast 23P Mirage vs. 22P Bravo I

Notices

Compare/Contrast 23P Mirage vs. 22P Bravo I

Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Compare/Contrast 23P Mirage vs. 22P Bravo I

Trying to compare and contrast a 23P 3-bladed Mirage or Mirage Plus versus a 22P 4-bladed Bravo One. This prop will be used on a RH TRS outdrive, coupled to a roughly 420HP 454 in a 26' Corsa. As a baseline, with a slightly oversized, say 23.5P Mirage with heavy cupping, the boat turned 4800 RPMs and ran 70.2 on GPS.

Looking for some creative input.

Harry
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

The B1 will carry the stern higher lowering the bow at WOT. Theoredically the rpms will be similar do to blade area. Planning will be stronger with the B1 as well as cruise speed if the slip numbers are a little high with the M+. M+ should have the better top speed unless again, the slip is high.

Brett
Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
Trying to compare and contrast a 23P 3-bladed Mirage or Mirage Plus versus a 22P 4-bladed Bravo One. This prop will be used on a RH TRS outdrive, coupled to a roughly 420HP 454 in a 26' Corsa. As a baseline, with a slightly oversized, say 23.5P Mirage with heavy cupping, the boat turned 4800 RPMs and ran 70.2 on GPS.

Looking for some creative input.

Harry
ok this is on my baja 24 i ran 23mirage 5000rpm then put my 23plus on and ran 4800rpm top speed on the plus was slower but the crusing pick up a few mph . now i had the 23mirage tiwk they took out alittle of the cup look like to me the edge of the blade was file thin . now the boat ran 5200and gain top speed wich i gain 5mph and the boat ran faster when you put the throttle wide open . and when i have 4people on the boat i still get top speed . the other prop with 4 people i lose top speed well thats my testing i learn on my boat that the closer i got to the wot rpm the better the boat ran and top speed . good luck

Last edited by bajabob; 03-03-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

from everything I have read the B1's measure small. so a 24 is really more like a 23.

The M+ is the opposite. A 23 M+ counts as a 24 because of the cup.

Anyway: in theory the B1 will have much less bow lifting capability but that might vary because the prop will hold water better so trim will change the attitude of the boat more.

With M+'s on my boat trim does very little to change the attitude of the boat. With B1's the attitude changes vastly with trim.

Cruising is far better with the B1's for me so that is what I stick with because I don't go WOT very often.