Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
Prop help for Arneson ASD6 >

Prop help for Arneson ASD6

Notices

Prop help for Arneson ASD6

Old 07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Saturday the Hill Propeller I had bit the dust! Lost a blade so much for cast mold props.. And after speaking with Hering I'd love to have the prop they quoted me but I just can't budget it at the moment.. I lost a motor last month, and now my prop.. Hey Rik will you give me a call about my prop how it is sitting on the shaft and I think when I blew the blade off it blew a seal I lost all my fluid.. I left you a message at 11:30am central time Thanks Steve

Last edited by turbo502; 07-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbo502
Well, Saturday the Hill Propeller I had bit the dust! Lost a blade so much for cast mold props.. And after speaking with Hering I'd love to have the prop they quoted me but I just can't budget it at the moment.. I lost a motor last month, and now my prop.. Hey Rik will you give me a call about my prop how it is sitting on the shaft and I think when I blew the blade off it blew a seal I lost all my fluid.. I left you a message at 11:30am central time Thanks Steve

How much did Hering quoting you for the prop?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Larry, the drives you have cost less than $2,000.00 new in 1979 and if you know more about them than me then congrat's to you. I really don't feel it's worth arguing about. If you want to charge a fortune for your goods, then it's all good and I hope you the best in your pursuit of profits.

Thought we were talking about propellers? ur funny

so whats worth $2000 my 1720's or asd6's? I know there both worthless

My point is you say you know what the 1720's cost, but just do not seem to know what they look like or how they worked with gas boats in 1979.....

Most guys are not building boats to run in the 150 to 200mph range.. Old race data can make you much faster with proven parts then a half a$$ hi tec rig you can not afford...

You title at twin disk lends you credibility just like the sales guy in the pluming department at home depot, un-till you can find the part, do not know what the part dose, and un till you do not know what the part costs. Like a waiter chinese restaurant you seem to point at the hi price dish on the menu when asked whats good.... Fine as that me be its kinda generic...

Our words are on the web for ever, U have posts back to 07 that can be fact checked. One untruth can make all truth questionable and damage your credibility and the brand you represent...

And you do represent Arneson on the web by interjecting your position at twin disk.
I represent no one I am just a screen name, not even a person... I can be wrong from time to time but I do not pretend to be all knowing or an expert.. The values I place on the things I have I based on what I am willing to sell the for. By your words No one has them to offer not arneson or rolla or any 3rd party's so your point is truly pointless..

Last edited by tomuchstuff; 08-08-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

I use 19 spline x 1 1/4 diameter shaft 3 blade cleavers that were 17 " diameter . These were offshore mercury props that were about 2000 new, you can usually find them used in the 500 to 1000 dollar range.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomuchstuff
How much did Hering quoting you for the prop?
$3000.00.........
Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo502
$3000.00.........

Have you tried, http://www.pacificsurfacedrivesinc.com ?

He has a good selection of the old three blade Rolla type that Rik is talking about. I payed 500$ for mine. Just like Rik said. He let me try two and send back the one I didn't like.

Talk to Mitch Hall lately?

Jeff
Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We picked us a 27 pitch 3 blade to try our from a local store yesterday....may have to hit up that website though. Don;t think 27 is going to be enough but atleast he can get it on the water this weekend.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks Jeff, And yes I talk to Mitch alot, he has actually gave me your phone number to call you about props, but I never did..
Old 01-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default arneson 1720

Guys
I have been reading information on arneson surface drives, and it appears I have a older #1720 Alum. bronze drive. It has a 19 spline prop shaft which appears to be 1.25" dia. Can you puchase adapters to convert the 19 spline 1.25" shaft to the 19 spline 1.5 " shaft?
where and how much $?

Sorry if question seems a little vague.
Hell of a site, and very informative
cheers from down under
Old 01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brett fiddes
Guys
I have been reading information on arneson surface drives, and it appears I have a older #1720 Alum. bronze drive. It has a 19 spline prop shaft which appears to be 1.25" dia. Can you puchase adapters to convert the 19 spline 1.25" shaft to the 19 spline 1.5 " shaft?
where and how much $?

Sorry if question seems a little vague.
Hell of a site, and very informative
cheers from down under
Yes, we make them for a 19 to 26 tooth (Enables one to run a Merc #3, #5 and an Arneson ASD6 with a current Mercury or Hering or? #6 Spline Propeller)

Being you have a 1720, it is an "in-line" drive and has no reduction nor rotation built into it. Are you running a 1:1?

Also measure the hub length

Keep in mind, CURRENTLY, Mercury only makes standard order 30" and higher pitch propellers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.