Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Prop Talk
right prop >

right prop

Notices

right prop

Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just outta curiosity, and for peace of mind....take the air cleaner/flame arrestor off....push the throttle all the way open (engine off) and go back and look down the carb venturi's. The throttle blades should be straight up and down. If not, adjust accordingly. I have seen plenty of new motors installed that had throttle adjustment issues. Just an idea sir.

Also, do you have a fuel pressure gauge inline on your fuel system ? Whats it reading at WOT ? If you dont have one...install one. They are cheap and easy to install. It may be running outta fuel on the top end. I'll bet that the old motor setup has smaller fuel line than you require. This is just a guess, but I'm having a hard time believing that you might need a 15p prop !!!!

Last edited by tinman565; 09-19-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered

im so confused im living way in the island of barbados cant be shipping all these different props to test at all. This is why im trying to narrow down what prop would run good atleast. I got 1989 omc drive on it dont know what gears the boat is do anyone?. And it came with a 260 hp motor with the 14 1/2 by 19 p. the boat is 25 ft long with a cubby cabin. Adding more hp to it 65 more whats best?. Im not looking for a speed racer but i want to plane with weight in the boat. Griff you seem to know alot about boats. Im new and will take the advice.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered

tinman the first thing you said sounds like it could happen. The second i dont believe dont think im running out of fuel at all the boat never bouge down or anything. Its just flat out and dead at 4000rpms no more throttle.