high altitude props >

high altitude props

Notices

high altitude props

Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobsbillets
I have a set of 22P bravo 1's in great shape if you feel you need these. $550 to you door for the pair. They are bone stock with no dents dings scrapes, ect.
Are you the "Rob" mentioned in the Warlock section with this phone number: 951-204-8892 ? I was told you also have a set of 24's. I am waiting to hear what Brett has to tell me. It is my impression that he and the business he represents are the experts. I have not spoken with him yet. I have all kinds of question, such as what does "lab finishing" get you and for how much? Blueprinting too...

Rick
Old 12-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
I think it is 1.36... If I hit 4500 rpm then it sounds like a drop from 28's to 24's would get me to 5500 rpm at most. Perhaps I need a little more drop in pitch like a 23 ?

The previous owner specifically warned me that if I used too high of gearing it would put an unacceptable strain on the motors and I could damage them - bend a rod, etc., that I needed to properly gear it for the elevation at Tahoe. This is where Brett of BBlades comes in.
Try a set of stock 24's and then go from there. BBlades can lab them to gain more rpm, but he will most likely need a closer baseline than the 28's will provide.
BBlades also has a test program for props.

Also, lugging the engine at too low of a WOT rpm caused by too big of props is hard on the engine and can cause detonation.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Try a set of stock 24's and then go from there. BBlades can lab them to gain more rpm, but he will most likely need a closer baseline than the 28's will provide.
BBlades also has a test program for props.

Also, lugging the engine at too low of a WOT rpm caused by too big of props is hard on the engine and can cause detonation.
Griff, thanks for confirming what the owner told me! I makes sense to not lug the engines at WOT.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Rick,
We are closed for the Holiday week but will be open again Mon the 3rd.

I will call you then. I look forward to our conversation.

Brett