plugs in prop hub? >

plugs in prop hub?

Notices

plugs in prop hub?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plugs in prop hub?

I have just picked up a set of 32p 5 blade merc props that have been labbed. These props are going on my 87 30' Velocity trying to get my slip numbers down from 24%. Running with 34p bravo1 now. What the hell are the little plastic plugs for and will 5 blades work with my pad hull. Spring is a long time to wait for testing, just wondering if anyone has tried this combo. TRS drives with cones, low 90's @ 5,000ish. I need more seat time, sometimes gets a little squirly with my drive and tab settings so looking at the tach is hard to do.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

Andy, I can't help you, but what cones are you running? I am looking to add nose cones to my TRS this winter.
Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

The plugs are to allow the props to aerate/caviate a little when getting on plane. They make plugs with different hole sizes to allow more or less air. They should not effect top speed numbers or slip numbers.