Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    It's Not About Being Noticed, It's About Being Remembered...... Resurrection Marine.com

Michigan Wheel - Rapture

Need some help on a prop.
    19í X (very wide and heavy) boat with a 496ci to a Volvo 280T with a nose cone.
    That aside, props are a nightmare around here. The bottom comes up fast and season after season everything changes. What was 6í of water last fall is now a sand bar. That kind of thing. In most cases the bottom is mud, sand and some gravel here and there. No big deal but it never fails for me to take a perfect new prop out and whack the bottom in the first month (then I will go all season not doing it again, go figure).
    Add in the fact that I run a Volvo Penta making props almost impossible to find over a 21P turns this problem into a very expensive problem.
    Then I ran across this prop on sale;

Manufacturer: Michigan Wheel
    Brand: Rapture
    Material: Stainless Steel
    Diameter: 14 - 1/4Ē
    Pitch: 25Ē
    Blades: 3
    Rotation: Counter (Counter-Clockwise)

for a whole lot less $$ then any other SS prop for a Volvo that I can find.
    The question is, is it junk?
    The numbers look perfect for what I am looking for and if I can get through the first month this spring I can even have it bent another 2P if needed being brand new. So it donít need to be a top of the line prop but at the same time I donít want something thatís going to throw a blade into the stratosphere either.
    What do you all think?

Thanks.

Platinum Member Platinum Member chewymalone's Avatar
    My Boats:
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's
    They're built fine for what you're looking for.
    DCB F26 w/ 300X's

Platinum Member Platinum Member Car Biz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    311 Formula Kaama Sold
    Michigan wheel Ballistic was the best prop for 2 liberators that i know. one had a 540CI Ford motor in it. i would not worry about throwing a blade!

VIP Member VIP Member
    Several years ago I had 23 raptures as backup props. 89 280 Baja sport with 400hp mercs. My normal props were 23 mirage +.

Ran the raptures for about 10 times one summer and except for being able to blow-out if trying to get on plane to fast, they worked fine. Also would slip some in turns unless trimmed down.

Boat ran 66 (GPS) any time, ideal conditions 69.2 with mirage +.

Best run 70.1 (GPS) with raptures.

But did not like solid hubs on raptures. I run in a river with some floating junk at times.

Registered
    My Boats:
    It's Not About Being Noticed, It's About Being Remembered...... Resurrection Marine.com
    Thanks folks.
    I jumped on it. For a $155.00 bucks to my house I had to give it a try.
    Sad to say it was iboats last one. If it worked out I would have got another one at that price just to hold on to.
    Here is the props info;
    http://boatpropellers.iboats.com/Vol...t_id=830084901