Prop pitch~Gear Ratio choices 255 Formula >

Prop pitch~Gear Ratio choices 255 Formula

Notices

Prop pitch~Gear Ratio choices 255 Formula

Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
i have a 255 sitting at the shop,belongs to a friend that has not been so good of a friend lately..in the middle of the resto he bailed so i put the boat outside with all new sbc's emi exhaust with through hulls.all new gauges and interior..he seemed to have lost interest..btw it has new gel from the water line up..if he dont pay me im going to part it out..

anyways the boat liked the laser II props, the cleavers seemed to not let the boat plane so well,we pur the laser II on and the boat jumped on plane..

i would stick with the 1.50 drives if you plan on using rev 4 props,i bet you will be braking the drives with the 1.6? retio..the 3 blades will be more forgiving because it wont bite the water so hard..
'Fixall...you get ready to move that boat or any part of it ...let me know. Do yoa have any pics of it or parts of it? I would love to see it.

BTW...thanks for the info on the Lasers and I'm with you on the Cleavers...I've never had any luck with them on any Formula I have owned.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by sprink58
'Fixall...you get ready to move that boat or any part of it ...let me know. Do yoa have any pics of it or parts of it? I would love to see it.

BTW...thanks for the info on the Lasers and I'm with you on the Cleavers...I've never had any luck with them on any Formula I have owned.
pm me your email and ill get you pics..
Old 07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered

The Rev4 sounds like a good option for that hull. But then again, if your drives sits deep in the water, the M+ or LaserII props might offer plenty of bite, and good top end performance. As always, testing is a good way to find what you like. I would go with the 1.67 gears too, gives a lot of options to boot.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
pm me your email and ill get you pics..
sent
Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
The Rev4 sounds like a good option for that hull. But then again, if your drives sits deep in the water, the M+ or LaserII props might offer plenty of bite, and good top end performance. As always, testing is a good way to find what you like. I would go with the 1.67 gears too, gives a lot of options to boot.
...36" to the tip of the skeg....I guess that puts the centerline of the props at about - 28" below the surface at rest and ...I'm guessing 24" at plane.

I defer to you guys...is that average or deeper than average on a twin I/O boat?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Registered

...36" to the tip of the skeg....I guess that puts the centerline of the props at about - 28" below the surface at rest and ...I'm guessing 24" at plane.

I defer to you guys...is that average or deeper than average on a twin I/O boat?

How deep is your prop shaft centerline from the bottom directly in front of the drive, when the drives are at neutral trim? ___--------- Top line is boat bottom and low line is prop shaft c-line, and the distance needed is the one straight down between the lines.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor

How deep is your prop shaft centerline from the bottom directly in front of the drive, when the drives are at neutral trim? ___--------- Top line is boat bottom and low line is prop shaft c-line, and the distance needed is the one straight down between the lines.
9"
Old 07-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Registered

9"
In that case I'm with mrfixxal. Your drives sits very deep, so the LaserII's should offer a good combination of hole shot, cruising speed and top end. If you don't feel like the bow is carried enough, or you have blow out issues with the LaserII's, the Mirage+ would be the next one to try.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If I had the option I'd definitely go with the RH/LH setup. It gives you the option to spin in / out and eliminates any torque steer.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

I like RH/LH with M+'s turning inward, Labbed with a diameter change after a stock configuration base line.
I think you probably 8"'s below.

Brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.