Prop slip?? >

Prop slip??

Notices

Prop slip??

Old 07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop slip??

Hey guys, wondering if my x-dem is to high on my 1984 wellcraft excalibur. Here is what I have....
5,300rpm, 1.50 gear ratio bravo one drive, 28P bravo one prop, 75mph gps. I came up with 20% prop slip. My X-dem is 19.5in and the prop shaft center line is only 2 3/8in below the bottom of the V. Should I put a spacer between the upper and lower unit to get the prop down more in the water?
Thanks
Erik
Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

True pitch on Bravo 1 props is about 1" than the stamped pitch. Still a little high at 17%, but not extreme for a heavy older straight V bottom boat.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
True pitch on Bravo 1 props is about 1" than the stamped pitch. Still a little high at 17%, but not extreme for a heavy older straight V bottom boat.
So then what are you saying the true pitch is a 29 or 27? I do have a bravo one 26P iam going to try tomorrow since my WOT rpm's are still low (should be about 5800rpm's). Will see what I come up with that. What about the X-dem? Should I try a drive spacer?
Erik
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The true pitch is 27ish. As Griff said, not alarming but still high. Good prop work would be a great thing in your case. If done right, some of the slip could be used to add speed and efficiency.