How much power are you running, Smitty
Good point...I'm less than half the power your putting out. appx 420hp @ best
Old 09-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsallgood995
Good point...I'm less than half the power your putting out. appx 420hp @ best
I was curious, with my limited experience with the Maximus on my boat I am convinced (and have been told by the prop experts) the tq roll I expererinced with my set-up is related to having a extreme amount of tq on a single engine boat combined with the Maximus prop I tried was un-cut and NOT labbed. My boat also tq rolls with un-labbed 4 blade bravo props too. Smitty
Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
after several passes I sheared off a billet max worx prop shaft. Smitty
Smitty, I have received the new Gen prop shafts from Aaron. Being installed soon in my IMCO -2 lowers. In fact, both shafts (vertical and prop) are MAX WORX products.

Appreciate the information from all on this thread. Helps to understand the working perimeters of the 5 blade prop.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
I was curious, with my limited experience with the Maximus on my boat I am convinced (and have been told by the prop experts) the tq roll I expererinced with my set-up is related to having a extreme amount of tq on a single engine boat combined with the Maximus prop I tried was un-cut and NOT labbed. My boat also tq rolls with un-labbed 4 blade bravo props too. Smitty
What prop are you using now? I tried a 5 blade Cutting Edge over Labor Day & liked it overall. I returned it for some fine tuning & should have it back it next week. Can’t wait!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
My propshafts are twisted a little. I think they are about to break and look like yours. I have Maximus props with twin 600hp on bravo 1 with the one inch prop shaft. I hope to get rid of these brovo drives forever.....soon.....
Keep the five blades and get rid of the B-1's. I have 5-blade 34's on SCX's and i can mash it
Old 09-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What prop are you using now? I tried a 5 blade Cutting Edge over Labor Day & liked it overall. I returned it for some fine tuning & should have it back it next week. Can’t wait!
I run a 30 pitch merc labbed 4 blade most of the time, a 32 labbed 4 blade for speed runs. I have 2 of the 30 lab's and sent one to Cutting edge for his special treatment, I ran it last weekend but have no real results to report as I am still shredding blower belts and only making 5-9 psi of boost and am barely breaking into the 90's where my boat with full boost usually can hit mid 90's pretty easy. Got more belts ordered and going to modify my new tensioner and see what happens before winter comes, Smitty
I would love to run a 5 blade but it's not in my future with 1000 plus ft lbs of shaft breaking torque!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talking to Greg Hittner/Cutting edge props and a few other guys he has done work for I am hearing guys are getting great results with his 5 blades too. If I ever switch to a drive that will hold over 1000 ft lbs of tq at less than 10% slip I would definately try one. I am modifying my new blower tensioner in next few days and will be trying the 4 blade that Cutting edge worked for me recently and will report soon on that too, Smitty
Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was able to get 10% once with a Quad IV in about 1’+ chop after I raised the X. The Maximus & Cutting Edge were both @ 19%. I just received the Cutting Edge back today so hopefully that number will drop. I’ll know by the end of the weekend.