bravo ones or hydromotive quad iv's >

bravo ones or hydromotive quad iv's

Notices

bravo ones or hydromotive quad iv's

Old 09-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bravo ones or hydromotive quad iv's

looking for opinions, which prop to go with bravo ones or hydromotive quad iv's. my boat produces natural bow lift or so i'm told and i am currently turning props outward, i am running 4 in below the hull and props are surfacing. i know mercury says bravos can run at high prop heights but have been told they are not surface piercing props.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Bravo 1 propellers can run excellent on the surface. Some of the adjustments we do during our Labbing processes can help that operation as well.

Q4 props are more of a stern lifting option and you are correct on your rotation.

We have both for testing if you would like to try either.

Brett
Old 09-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Registered

thanks, i am picking up a used set now gonna run them on the boat to get numbers and send them to you when it gets a little colder out.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

Sounds good.
Let me know if you have any questions concerning the testing or the numbers and info that will help us determine the correct adjustments moving forward.

Brett
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 AM
Registered

Brett,
I bought a used set of hydromotive quad IV's but still am not seeing what i thought i should see out of the boat. it is 2 merc 200's on the back of a 28 ft checkmate. prop shaft is 4 in below hull (infront of nosecone not to bottom of vee). with a 2.1 gear ratio and 28p props at 5600 i am only seeing 54mph on gps. the only difference between my bravo one 24p props and these are im not over trimming to get top speed. my motors are level. the bravo ones were almost 6400 at 57mph. i want to be around 5800 rpms. the problem is i talked to previous owner a couple of weeks ago, when he had the boat it had 2 johnson 225's and it ran 73-74 gps, i was told by owner of checkmate if he remembers correctly these boats ran high 60's when they were built with 2 200's. I would like to be in the mid 60's if possible. I wanted to send the props to you after christmas but I cant see spending the money to get another 3 mph out of them to have a 57mph boat again especially when funds are thin.. Should I keep looking for a problem before i send props out to you?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

Ok,
I checked the slip on the Q4 28's. It's 27.26%, too high.

The 24 Bravo 1's are only at 19.27%. Still high but better.

I made a mistake earlier when I said your rotation was correct. I meant your rotation is correct if you need stern lift. I feel these hulls need more bow lift than they are actually able to self induce. Therefore, I would like to see you tunning the props inward.
Next, do you have jack plates and if you do, how high are the engines mounted. These hulls need lower prop depths than one might think.

If we get the slip down to 15% with adjusting the blade geometry of a set of 26 Bravo 1 props, we will see 63 at 6200.
After you check engine height I might want you to try our new Blaster propeller in 26 pitch size.

Let me know.

Brett
Old 10-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Brett, i will try turning them inwards. i have jackplates on them and they are all the way down at the moment. they are 4 in below the hull infront of the nose cone. im not sure if i will be able to get it in the water anymore this year. just winterized on monday not that its a big deal. if i get a chance i will try again before the end of the year. gonna set the engines back another 3 inches. i was looking at your new blaster props but i didn't think you would have rental on them yet or i would have rented a set. i had a set of 26 pitch choppers but my best was 59 mph at 6100. they were the fastest prop. unfortunately i sold the bravos and the choppers so i cant go back to them for testing. all i have left is a set laser 2s and the hydros. thanks for the help
Old 10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

We can send you the Blasters at any time.
I wish you could get the gear cases a inch lower.

Let me know if there is anything we can do.

Brett
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi!

In my view your engines are too low. You should be between 1,5 - 2,5 inches below. Do you have any setback? Your gearcases slows you down. Try to play with height first and take it from there. Have a close look at the water pressure. If you loose pressure, you can plug the two upper water intakes on each side of the gearcase.

Good luck!

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 10-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

toffen, they have 5 in jackplates on them now, gonna go up to an 8 or 10 in jackplate they are down all the way right now. going to the bigger jack plate should lower the motors 1/2 in to 3/4 in lower. i talked to sharkey, he had the same boat and 20 in motors but his motors were 12 in back and they were 2 to 3 in higher but then again he had real motors and lightning et props. wish i would have bought his boat. my lowers have nose cones with low water pickups so water pressure is fine. when i bought it 5 years ago it did run 67 with a with almost full tank and 6 people the first day i bought it. it then blew a lower unit and i had to put stock ones on so i lowered the motors. the originals were 25 and these are 20in lowers but i lowere the motors 7 in to accomodate for the shorter lowers. now its never been the same since. been all the way up and all the way down with 3 or 4 sets of props. i had my brother run the boat and i looked over the motors. they don't look to deep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.