Bigger Prop just more slip >

Bigger Prop just more slip

Notices

Bigger Prop just more slip

Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Bigger Prop just more slip

I've been running a Maximus 28p on my Velocity 280 with 550hp and getting about 82mph at 5200rpm. The prop shaft is 4.5" below the pad and I have a Hydromotive nose cone. I have rebuilt the motor with better heads, more compression and bigger carb. The water has been so rough since I got it back together I haven't been able to really test the old prop. I got a 32p Maximus from PFE racing and I thought it would really hurt my holeshot, it didn't, acceleration is amazing. But top speed is only 80 at 5000rpm. It had a monster rooster tail though when trimmed for speed. Has anyone seen this? It's almost like something is wrong with the prop.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Run your 28 and see what it does. The 32 you got have a specific lab recipe for a specific boat.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Hopefully I can get out one more time this year. It's starting to get just a little chilly in Northern Michigan this time of year. I was told the 32 was box stock. Still have some carb gremlins to work out too. What's crazy is that the boat seems to accelerate better with the 32p. Must be better bite out of the hole.