prop help >

prop help

Notices

prop help

Old 02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop help

i have a 22 razor with a stock 502 im currently running a 25 m plus at 68 gps at 4800 rpm is there room for more or am i looking at external steering and other needs how much more can i get out of this before i have to buy a bigger boat thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

That's pretty dam good and dialed in. Steering is always good and after 70 a must. You could lab that prop for 200 more rpm and get 70. Maybe. Those motors are good for 5200. If you reduce pitch you won't gain top end. How does the boat feel now as far as ride?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

boat is great tabs up all the way if i put them down a bit i lose about 5 mph if i trim any more it chines badly and if i lower left tab a bit it helps but boat feels real loose
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Registered

Send it to BBlades for some lab work.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wreckaddict
boat is great tabs up all the way if i put them down a bit i lose about 5 mph if i trim any more it chines badly and if i lower left tab a bit it helps but boat feels real loose
Well never use the tabs. Why they put them on a 22 I will never know. I guess you could have a 300lb friend you have to compensate for. If not they only do one thing slow you down(:
Chine walk isn't really caused by over trim its from hull design and basically running out of bottom.
What is top speed with drive at a height where you stop gaining speed? That's what's needed to be known to try and figure out prop tuning.
If that's 68 then get it labbed and go for some more rpm.
Your slip is 10% right now which is great just have bblades get those extra rpm you should gain a little.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poker is right, labbing is the key, the 502 likes to be around 5000-5100 for top end. I think you are getting chinewalk for two reasons. 1: Lifting the boat too much when trimming 2: the sloppy stock steering. I'd say the latter is the bigges problem. Otherwise yes, you are pretty much dialed in with the stock prop. One thing I would try, is a prop with less diameter. It might keep the boat a bit more in the water at high speed and "man-handle" it a bit less. A LaserII in the same pitch would be worth a try if you could get your hands on one. Testing never hurts

Give Brett @ Bblades a shout about the labbing, he'll set you up.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

This is what I have run for years http://drewmarine.com/products/sidew...idewinder.html They work and as long as you have a good tight steering helm and cable you will be fine.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by TomR
This is what I have run for years http://drewmarine.com/products/sidew...idewinder.html They work and as long as you have a good tight steering helm and cable you will be fine.
+1
Did not know how much I appreciated my sidewinders until I removed them and ran without them while I was piecing my full hydraulic steering together. Good product