Need a better prop for my Nordic rage for wakeboarding >

Need a better prop for my Nordic rage for wakeboarding

Notices

Need a better prop for my Nordic rage for wakeboarding

Old 07-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a better prop for my Nordic rage for wakeboarding

I have a 2005 nordic rage with a 496HO and 26p prop and its not the quickest out of the hole.

I was looking for a good prop to jump out of the water with and get a wakeboarder up, i dont care about top speed really while boarding, i would be ok with 50-55mph-ish. I was thinking about a 5 blade 23p CHP prop for this?

Any help would be great, heading out to the lake this weekend would like to get something by then

Last edited by jokergerm; 07-31-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say you'd have to pitch down even lower going to the 5 blade. I believe going from 4 to 5 requires a 2" pitch reduction for the same relative result. 5 blades just "bite" harder. Maybe try around a 23p 4 blade. Now, when you say not the quickest out of the hole, do you mean its doggy or blowing out or what? If its blowing out possibly a 5 blade may help much more but if its just doggy I'd say the 4 blade. Maybe the guys with a bit more propping experience can chime in. For what its worth anyway...
Old 07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminated572
I would say you'd have to pitch down even lower going to the 5 blade. I believe going from 4 to 5 requires a 2" pitch reduction for the same relative result. 5 blades just "bite" harder. Maybe try around a 23p 4 blade. Now, when you say not the quickest out of the hole, do you mean its doggy or blowing out or what? If its blowing out possibly a 5 blade may help much more but if its just doggy I'd say the 4 blade. Maybe the guys with a bit more propping experience can chime in. For what its worth anyway...

i assume blowing out means kinda like burning out or caviating? its got grip the entire time, the only time i get cavitation is in a hard banked turn with alot of throttle in it

so maybe a 5 blade 21p?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes that or a 4 blade 23. Call bblades. They have a prop exchange program. You can try more than one and purchase the best the suites your needs. They also will likely have experience with your hull type and can steer you in the right direction for your application. If it were me I would probably have one for wake boarding and one for general cruising as far as fuel usage and top end are concerned.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Call us any time and this old slalom skier will help you out with a prop that will rip stumps out of the ground.......................

I think 55 with a wakeboard is pretty crazy.
I know you know that too. Getting the best hole shot and a good 18-25 mph range for wake boarding and knee boarding and 42ish for footing is no problem.

Let me know and we'll walk you through it.

Brett
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

friend of mine put a tower on his nordic sprint & switched to the Rev 4