1996 22' Donzi Classic, 502 Mag, Bravo Drive

Notices

1996 22' Donzi Classic, 502 Mag, Bravo Drive

Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1996 22' Donzi Classic, 502 Mag, Bravo Drive

New to me Donzi Classic. She came with a 25p Mirage non plus. What other props work well on these old school boats?
Would like a 4 blade option even though the drive is set deep.

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 12-18-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
New to me Donzi Classic. She came with a 25p Mirage non plus. What other props work well on these old school boats?
the only time that boat needs a 4 blade is when you have a -2 imco shorty on it..othe then that a turbo 1 works and the fastest and most squirly prop you can run would be a turbo txp..if you really want to run a 4 blade then look into a merc revolution 4 blade,,will be as fast as the 3 blade you have but the boat will handle better....you will want to run a 23'' pitch prop and dont be scared to trim the pi$$ out of it with the 4 blade..also a mirage + is a fast prop on that boat..
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One option would be to send your 25P into BBLades and have them lab it. Regardless, Brett at BBLades is a great tool when trying to decide what to run. What rpm and speed are you at @ WOT? You may be propped correctly

Last edited by MCKILLOP; 12-19-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the input guys.
I also was told over on Donzi.net that the Turbo 1 works well. The Rev 4 work well on my 24' Superboat so I was thinking it would work on this hull also.
I have not run the boat yet as I just picked her up 10 days ago and she's now tucked away for the winter.
The last owner only ran her a couple of times and didn't ever ring her out in calm water. Dave told me he had her up to around 68 at 4600rpm in rough water. I believe a 25p is the right size; seems to be what guys have on 22s with a stock 502.
I need to deside if I should have the prop I have reconditioned or spend the $ on a new prop.
I've worked with Brett before and had a vary good experience.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just check Brett's web page and the Turbo 1 is $287. That is probably not a whole lot more than reconditioning my Mirage. I don't know if a Merc hub kits works with a Turbo or if I would need to buy that too.

Brett,
Please chime in with your thoughts.
Are you running any specials to recon props over the winter?
My prop is not bent but does have a few nicks and dents. It's likely the original 1996 prop that came with the boat from the factory.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Sent my prop to BBlades

I just check Brett's web page and the Turbo 1 is $287. That is probably not a whole lot more than reconditioning my Mirage. I don't know if a Merc hub kits works with a Turbo or if I would need to buy that too.

Brett,
Please chime in with your thoughts.
Are you running any specials to recon props over the winter?
My prop is not bent but does have a few nicks and dents. It's likely the original 1996 prop that came with the boat from the factory.
E-mailed and called but didn't get a hold of Brett.
Decided to send my prop out for him to check anyhow.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

He's probably enjoying a break for the holidays. Your prop is in good hands.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribing. Very interested in results.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Pat,

Sorry for the delay in response. Your propeller is here and I have done a brief visual on it. It looks fine to the naked eye and to be stock. We will put it on the pitch block as well as other measuring devices and I will report back to you. I assume we will adjust it to the normal Lab recipe we typically use on these hulls. I'll get your ok and discuss this with you next week.
We do have our winter special underway so the Lab cost would be $72 less than normal if you decide to go that route.

Have a nice weekend.

Brett
Old 01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

labbing that 25 mirage will probably good a good option,i would loosen it up a little 200-300rpm when i had the boat out it was max out around 4600-4800,it was hot out and rough so it was hard to max it out,i did check the tach calibration and it was a little lazy about 100-150rpm,ther boat comes on plane easy and stays on plane at very low rpms,great cruise speed at 3000-3500rpm,i think labbing that prop would be an ideal set-up with the stock lower,now a -2 or -3 imco lower would probably see some good performance gains,anyone ever tried a -3 imco,we installed a -2 imco on another 22 and it worked great don't know exactly the gain because we also upgraded the 454 mag to a 540-600hp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.