Turbo TXP vs Rev4

Old 02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up Turbo TXP vs Rev4

Hi!

I hope you all are well

The best prop for my set up is a labbed Rev4 25 pitch prop. The only downside with the prop is that it can not be jacked high enough. It has lots of bowlift, so its faster than a Bravo 1 prop despite the Bravo 1 prop being able to be jacked 1 inch higher than the Rev4. The consistent top speed I get is 81 mph at 6,500 rpms with 1.75 gears. Not bad really for a 30 years old no stepped, no notch 2,850 lbs hull. I have lots of waterpressure (30 psi +), but if I jack the engine up higher, the prop loose bite.

I have testet stock Bravo 1 26, labbed Mirage Plus 25, Tempest 25 A45, Hydromotive IV-O/T 25, etc. The Rev4 is by good margin the fastest one.

Have anyone you testet Turbo TXP props - 3b and 4bl? If I am correct they like to be run high and still being able to hold the bow. The lower unit on the Verado 350 sci is massive 5,44 diameter, so the clue is to get it out of the water.

Thanks!

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Have You tried a 5 blade?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi!

No, I need bowlift and I am afraid a 5 bl will give lots of sternlift. I will try to get hold of a Maximus. Maybe worth trying!

Cheers Toffen
Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try a Hydromotive P5X. Although it's a 5b it will give you some bow lift.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you surface any prop it will cause transom lift. The closer the gear case gets to the surface the more it will cause transom lift. The 5 blade may let you surface the drive and not loose the bow lift.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default toffin

a turbo txp is a sick sick vary fast loose prop..you will be azz dancing with this one..
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Hey Toffen,

I think the Rev will still out perform the TXP on your rig.
Too much gear case and not enough blade area with the TXP. Top end only it MIGHT and I mean might out perform the Rev 4. I'm guessing not. You still need overall lift with your boat/engine package.
Let me know if you want to test a TXP. Maybe we can work out a arrangement.

Thanks,
Brett

P.S. When are you going to come to the Miami boat show? After all these years, I'd like to sit down and have a beer with ya!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Hey Toffen,

I think the Rev will still out perform the TXP on your rig.
Too much gear case and not enough blade area with the TXP. Top end only it MIGHT and I mean might out perform the Rev 4. I'm guessing not. You still need overall lift with your boat/engine package.
Let me know if you want to test a TXP. Maybe we can work out a arrangement.

Thanks,
Brett

P.S. When are you going to come to the Miami boat show? After all these years, I'd like to sit down and have a beer with ya!
Hey brett maybe you could cnc somthing for him..

Rite from turbo's site..
The TXP series of propellers was specifically built for very light go-fast style boats. These props are designed for those boats that use high engine mounting heights or a hydraulic jack plate. With the aggressive trailing edge cup, it prevents excessive ventilation that is commonly associated with high mounted engines. The TXP will help minimize the operator fatigue that’s associated with steering torque because of its advanced blade design, which features an aggressive pitch and high rake angle..

their is also a fxp which is reccomended for 4-stroke outboards,same prop but it dont have the vent holes because they are not needed with the torque the 4 strokes put out..

Last edited by FIXX; 02-27-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi Brett!

Thanks for coming in Much appreciated.

I am uncertain if the 3bl will make it work, possibly the 4bl can be run higher. There is a dealer not far from me and I will ask if I can borrow one. Its very difficult to try before buying in Norway. You end up buying and trying .... I should have lived in US! Everything would have been much easier, and cheaper too. Maybe one day. Catalina Island I could move to instantly.

I have told myself I need to travel to Miami Boat show. There are so many people over the years who been very nice to meet. So I have decided to travel next year for sure. I will buy the flight ticket next week, so its no return. The beers are on me! Its soon 15 years since we first started communicating about props and my ol Phantom. I dream about a SV29 Outerlimits w/565. You never know!

PS! I will delete the tread about Rev4 and Hering. I see you answered me back in time. Hering too little bowlift and blade area.

Have you any idea how the new 3bl Prom Max will work on the Vrod 350 Sci?

Cheeers and thanks as always, Toffen
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Hey brett maybe you could cnc somthing for him..

Rite from turbo's site..
The TXP series of propellers was specifically built for very light go-fast style boats. These props are designed for those boats that use high engine mounting heights or a hydraulic jack plate. With the aggressive trailing edge cup, it prevents excessive ventilation that is commonly associated with high mounted engines. The TXP will help minimize the operator fatigue that’s associated with steering torque because of its advanced blade design, which features an aggressive pitch and high rake angle..

their is also a fxp which is reccomended for 4-stroke outboards,same prop but it dont have the vent holes because they are not needed with the torque the 4 strokes put out..
fixxall,
Ah yes, marketing lingo. It always works like the publicist write it........haha.
Anyway, TXP's were originally designed as bass boat props. Definately worth trying. I always tell people to try everything they can. You never know.

Toffen,
Yeah, 15 years, wow. The first prop we started talking about was a chopper. I remember the prop shop that was going to work it freaking out because I/Mercury Racing was suggesting doing something a little different. LOL Mercury Racing didn't really like to offer suggestions on line in those days either so I stayed rather silent for awhile. Anyway good luck with the testing and I hope you can find a TXP. If you can't and you really want to go that route, I have them in stock.

Brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.