prop help >

prop help

Notices

prop help

Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop help

1998 fountain fever 27 502 mag mpi i have a 4 blade on it now but have no clue what it is for a pitch no markings on it that make any sence where could i send it to find out the pitch? Im from maine what should boat have on it any help would be awsome thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Heelo,

The best advice I can give you is to call us. We can offer you options and insight.
With that information you can decide what route you might wish to pursue.
We have propped many, many 27 Fountains.
We look forward to answering your questions.

Brett
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered

You probably have a 23 pitch Hydromotive prop on it. If it is Hydromotive, you will probably have to take the prop nut and washer off to see what is on the end of the prop. It will have HC-CL23L Q-IV. The "L" is for left hand rotation. It might be 23R but I doubt it cause most Fountains are left rotation. I have had a 27 Fountain, 29 Fountain, and now I have a 35 Fountain. My 27 had a 23 Hydromotive and it ran 67mph at 4950 rpm. Brett at Blades told me to lab a 24 Bravo and it would get me 71 at 5150 rpm. He was exactly right. Brett also helped me with my prop on the 29. I will be sending props off of the 35 to him as soon as the weather gets warm so I can do some testing. The guy knows what he is doing. Call him, he will help you with what ever you need.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Registered

Got looking at it tonight it says hc-cl24l q-IV so its a 24 just dont no if its labbed i will go from here i gusse i called bblades today thanks guys.