Notices

cutting edge???

Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Maybe thats because CE doesn't take the time to answer all kinds of prop questions on OSO for FREE or Support OSO through advertisng.
Yes you are correct about that . I guess the cuts and digs coming from the other camp are not warranted and irritate me . Cutting Edge , if you are reading this how about joining and supporting OSO . How's that Griff ?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

IMO (Not picking on anyone or any company) When picking props and Prop companies it is a crap shoot a black art! all boats react differently to the same prop no two boats are the same. So the only real difference boils down to the willingness to work closely and as long as it takes to make your boat run as you want it to. Best of luck to all! I have been very happy over the years with my supplier.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going by Cutting Edge today to pick up another prop for Desert Storm. I've been extreamly happy with both the customer service and the product I've received at Cutting Edge. I've also had BBlades do a prop for me and I was happy with it too, but CE being 10 min from my house and being able to pick up and drop off props makes life a whole lot easier. I wouldn't hesitate to continue to do business with either.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a 27 pitch labbed 4 blade yesterday. I was told 1-2 weeks for it to arrive at my door. So far their customer service has been good. They have answered the phone everytime I've called there. I know some guys were complaining it was hard to get ahold of anybody previously. I was happy with the all around performance I had before of my stock 26 bravo1, but I wanted to try something new and for the price, I don't think you can buy anything new labbed for that price anywhere else. What the heck, I was willing to try something new, so if the performance of the new cutting edge prop is similar to what I had before, I'm happy. Of coarse everyone is looking for that perfect setup and to possibly gain, but looking at my gps speeds with rpm and slip of my boat, your only going to get some much with a single stock 500efi. Alot of people on this sight have been very pleased with their products, so I was willing to give them a try.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

29fever approx how much $$$$ or a labbed 4 blade?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by abones
29fever approx how much $$$$ or a labbed 4 blade?
$650, plus tax and shipping. Like I said, for the price, why not
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info, that is a good price provided they perform as intended. let us know.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

Slight input if I may.

Lab Finishing should be done specific to the boat and its personality.
Every identical boat is different.

Brett
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Maybe thats because CE doesn't take the time to answer all kinds of prop questions on OSO for FREE or Support OSO through advertisng.
X2 I'm not saying anything bad about CE; simply because I haven't dealt with them. However My close friend "against my recommendation" purchased a prop that they said would best suit his boat... Yea not so much! bounced off rev limiter at 10mph slower than previous WOT speed. When he contacted them to say it was way wrong he was told for another $375.00 they would change it. His reply was guess I should have call Bblades like my buddy said.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Ok guys, I was asked to post my testing numbers on here so here I go. Today the weather was great and conditions were ideal to get some good numbers. I ran my boat with probably 4/5 to 3/4 tank of fuel which is 130 gallons full, and just me in the boat. Also remember im running on the st lawrence river so the current does affect numbers. I started with the bravo1 26 pitch first. Against current at cruise I ran at 3600 rpm with a top speed of 43.2 mph, and the drive trimmed at 2. With current I ran at 3600 rpm, with a speed of 46.1, drive same place. At wide open I ran at 5350 rpm, with me toying with the drive between 4.5- 5 with a top speed of 75.1mph. Next I put the boat on the trailer, switched to the cutting edge and ran the same exact tract and distance in the same locations. I ran against current, at cruise, 3600rpm I had a speed of 44.3 and drive also at 2. Then With current it ran 48mph even with the same rpm and drive trim. At wot it ran 74.8 at 5400rpm. So with those findings, both props are very comparable. At wide open throttle, the bravo1 ran at a slip of 14%. The cutting edge prop ran at 19%. With that said, I'm going to give them A call on Monday, and see if there is a mod to be done that might bring that slip number down a little which might transfer to a possible gain. All in all, I'm happy with their customer service, they have been great about calling me back within a few hours, I received the prop within a couple days when I should have. I'd like to see my rpm back down to 5200-5300 out of either prop. Because of conditions, with water and air being relatively cold, I will run a 100 rpm higher now compared to the heart of summer, but I know 5400rpm is a little past power band. Opinions? Thoughts? What do you guys think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.