01 25 outlaw 496 mag >

01 25 outlaw 496 mag

Notices

01 25 outlaw 496 mag

Old 10-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hollywoodoutlaw
I've done some prop work on my 01' 25 Outlaw, stock 496 HO. Started with a 23 mirage plus, hated it......couldn't bury the throttle while hitting almost 5,200rpm and 68mph on the speedo and so much slip it wasn't even fun to drive. Called BBlades and said I wanted top speed and they shipped me a Mirage plus 25p 3 blade, got my rpm's down to 4,750 and was almost touching 72 on the speedo but still a lot of slip......I sent it back-they labbed it and cupped the blades for traction. Threw it back on with high hopes.......not.......rpm's stayed about the same and dropped down to about 68mph, I would imagine due to the cup they put in the blades. I will be sending the prop back soon so they can make adjustments (hopefully get rid of the cup) so I can get my rpm's up and mph up also. At this point I don't care about traction. Since then I tested a Hydromotive 24 4 blade which was ok (68mph at 5,150rpm) much better traction all around and much smoother. My must have prop for this boat is the Bravo 1 24p 4 blade I just purchased (72mph at 5,100rpm) excellent traction and all around better performance. I'm still going to get my 25p 3 blade prop re-worked because its free for the initial adjustments (sucks I dropped a grand on this prop tho) but I will most likely only run my Bravo 1 24p indefinitely. I will hopefully be ordering my CMI headers soon so maybe next year I can bump it up to a labbed 26. Hope this helps
Had you verified speed against GPS or just speedo? Cause your speedo is wrong, running 5100 @72 would be 4.84 slip and that's using conservative 23.5 for the overstated pitch on the 24 p b1s. I would say your around 67-68. That's using my slip #s from my 24s and my slip is really good at mid 10%! Your doing good though with stock power!!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish that was GPS #'s but its all speedo. Already put the boat away for the year but when I ran that last number with the 24p b1, the temp was in the low 70's and no humidity so I would imagine come summer time my rpm's will drop slightly. It's going to be a new ball game then also because I'm trying to decide if I'm going to spend the BIG $'s and get the CMI headers or save a lil $ and go with the Dana Marine Torque flow's, so if anyone has input on that, I'm all ears. I'm pulling the trigger in the next month. A guy I know just put the CMI's on his 496 HO (Nordic Rage) and he will hopefully get a test run in this weekend and I will relay the results........he already sent video at idle and not only does it look sick, it sure does sound NICE!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Save your money. Minimal gains if any, with just exhaust. Your already high 60s, 1-2 MPH gains with exhaust, just assume save money and put money into vinyl or stereo, etc.

I looked into with my 25ol w/454 mag and decided to just enjoy it, then just got a 33ol this year. Not the fastest either, but good cruise (50mph @3700ish) that kids have fun in boat even in a little rough.

If your pulling trigger anyway, heard good things about DANA's..